ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

chamelion
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 9:51 am

Re: Dependent ILR + 1 Year - Under 3 year rule

Post by chamelion » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:37 pm

mirzanaseer79 wrote:Eligibility criteria: Dependent ILR + 1 Year - Under 3 year rule
Language criteria met (Non-UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): Non-UK DEGREE - UK NARIC Letter
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Southampton
Date of application: 29/11/2013
Payment method :Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: NYA
Date of aknowlegment: NYA
Date of debit or clearance of fees: NYA
Date approval received: NYA
Date of ceremony: NYA
Wrong thread.

SgtBellPepper
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by SgtBellPepper » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:07 pm

First Adult Passport
Method of Application: PO Check and Send
Date of application: 27/11/2013
Date of application acknowledged by HMPO: TBC
Date of return of documents: TBC
Date of interview Letter: TBC
Date of passport interview appointment: TBC
Date of passport receipt: TBC

moha1212
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by moha1212 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:07 pm

First Adult Passport
Method of Application: PO Check and Send
Date of application: 27/11/2013
Date of application acknowledged by HMPO:02/12/13 via sms
Date of return of documents: 12/12/13
Date of interview Letter: Never received one
Date of passport interview appointment: Booked over phone 13/12/13
Date of passport receipt:
Update : 13/12/13 a lengthy interview , about 50 questions took 20 mins , in a friendly way though , I was told that HMPO not busy at the moment , will hear from them in 4 days :?
Last edited by moha1212 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:02 pm

cpcg wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:No, you can't. You have to travel on an aeroplane or ferry or some other kind of transport. Passports are not big enough for anyone to travel on them. :lol:
Dear Ayyubi72,
I have noticed ur posting for a long time. U r very entertaining and I have enjoyed ur many postings uncontrollably. Very nice tonic for people for those who r in stressful time but can be hurtful to those who r very sensitive but I am very confident that they learn at least a lesson of patience from you. Keep entertaining the forum entries in a thoughtful way. I liked and ur so many replies and have laughed uncontrollably. Best wishes!!!
Thanks :)

Emrah
Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:11 am

Post by Emrah » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:30 pm

my postcode is wrong on my letter thats why I cant book an interview I supposed to get phone call today from them to fix it but nobody phoned so far. I have phoned them and they took my details again and I was told they will phone me tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Why does it take them so long to call you and fix a simple issue? Seriously Im fed up with all this stuff now.

kyjuan
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by kyjuan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:02 pm

First Adult Passport
Method of Application: First class recorded delivery
Date of application: 25/11/2013
Date of application acknowledged by HMPO: 27/11/2013 (SMS)
Date of return of documents: 02/12/2013
Date of interview Letter: 02/12/2013 (dated 28/11/2013)
Date of passport interview appointment: 07/12/2013 (Reading)
Date of passport receipt: :?:
Last edited by kyjuan on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

akhan25
Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Post by akhan25 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi everyone do I have to send my current passort with application or the one I came in to uk which is expired now. Also can I use countersigned by some one not in the list but as ge is 50 years old and every knows him in community so he has a good standing. Thanks

kyjuan
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by kyjuan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:27 pm

akhan25 wrote:Hi everyone do I have to send my current passort with application or the one I came in to uk which is expired now. Also can I use countersigned by some one not in the list but as ge is 50 years old and every knows him in community so he has a good standing. Thanks
Hi akhan25... You should only include your current passport. Any passport that has expired isn't necessary. As for your countersignatory i believe the person must have a british passport and should have a professional standing occupational wise. Community regards I'm not sure will be sufficient enough.

akhan25
Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Post by akhan25 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:50 pm

kyjuan wrote:
akhan25 wrote:Hi everyone do I have to send my current passort with application or the one I came in to uk which is expired now. Also can I use countersigned by some one not in the list but as ge is 50 years old and every knows him in community so he has a good standing. Thanks
Hi akhan25... You should only include your current passport. Any passport that has expired isn't necessary. As for your countersignatory i believe the person must have a british passport and should have a professional standing occupational wise. Community regards I'm not sure will be sufficient enough.
Thanks for your reply the person I mentioned told me he has done for many ppl and on hmpo website it says being professional doesnt quarantee approval but thry have good standing in community so I think I shud go with it.

kyjuan
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by kyjuan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:54 pm

akhan25 wrote:
kyjuan wrote:
akhan25 wrote:Hi everyone do I have to send my current passort with application or the one I came in to uk which is expired now. Also can I use countersigned by some one not in the list but as ge is 50 years old and every knows him in community so he has a good standing. Thanks
Hi akhan25... You should only include your current passport. Any passport that has expired isn't necessary. As for your countersignatory i believe the person must have a british passport and should have a professional standing occupational wise. Community regards I'm not sure will be sufficient enough.
Thanks for your reply the person I mentioned told me he has done for many ppl and on hmpo website it says being professional doesnt quarantee approval but thry have good standing in community so I think I shud go with it.
If he has done for a lot of people then that answers it and erases all doubt. Go ahead :)

krrishone
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by krrishone » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:35 pm

First Adult Passport
Method of Application: Passport Check and Send
Date of application: 02/12/2013
Date of application acknowledged by HMPO: 05/12/2013 (via SMS)
Date of return of documents: 17/12/2013 (Re-delivery)
Date of interview Letter: 05/12/2013
Date of passport interview appointment: 18/12/2013
Date of passport receipt: TBC
Last edited by krrishone on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rolex1234
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:35 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

British Passport Application

Post by rolex1234 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send or Postal
Date of application: 19/11/2013
Date application received by IPS: 21/11/2013
Date of return of documents: (Passport requested, sent and Document returned 30/11/13
Date of receipt of interview letter: 25/11/2013
Date of Passport Appointment: 02/12/14
Date of Passport Receipt:

akhan25
Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: British Passport Application

Post by akhan25 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:03 am

rolex1234 wrote:Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send or Postal
Date of application: 19/11/2013
Date application received by IPS: 21/11/2013
Date of return of documents: (Passport requested, sent and Document returned 30/11/13
Date of receipt of interview letter: 25/11/2013
Date of Passport Appointment: 02/12/14
Date of Passport Receipt:
Did u not send ur passport with ur application or did they request ur old ot new passport.

SgtBellPepper
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by SgtBellPepper » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:43 am

First Adult Passport
Method of Application: PO Check and Send
Date of application: 27/11/2013
Date of application acknowledged by HMPO: 03/12/2013
Date of return of documents: TBC
Date of interview Letter: TBC
Date of passport interview appointment: TBC
Date of passport receipt: TBC

Nina123
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Nina123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:50 pm

[quote="Nina123"][quote="Nina123"][quote="Nina123"][quote="sushdmehta"]Interested members can post their passport application processing timelines here for the benefit of others.

Please include the following details when posting in this topic:

Application Timeline
Passport for: adult
Application Type: First adult passport
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 12/11
Date application received by IPS: 15/11 by text
Date of return of documents: 23/11
Date of receipt of interview letter: 21/11 letter dated 19/11
Date of Passport Appointment: 02/12 ( Victoria London ) done my interview
Date of Passport Receipt: 03/12/ at 12:30 red book landed today thank god the end of the immigration best of Luck to all of u waiting

geemo
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Post by geemo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send (I will use check and send by registered post only if I had to do it again)
Date of application: 25/11/2013
Date application received by IPS: 03/12/2013 (SMS message)
Date of return of documents: 11/12/2013
Date of receipt of interview letter: 10/12/2013 dated (06/12/2013)
Date of Passport Appointment: 16/12/2013
Date of Passport Receipt: 18/12/2013

Update: 05/12/2013 on 02/12/2013 IPS - ABI ID Check by IPS, but still no appointment letter.
Update: 06/12/2013 - Still waiting for the interview letter.
Update: 07/12/2013 - Still waiting for the interview letter, nor my documents.
Update: 10/12/2013 - letter finally arrived.
Update: 11/12/2013 - Supporting Documents returned DX Secure dropped through the letter box.
Update: 16/12/2013 - interview done, now we wait.
Update: 18/12/2013 - The red book has arrived - Praise God.

Thanks for putting this forum together and good luck to all those waiting :lol:
Last edited by geemo on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 16 times in total.

akhan25
Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Post by akhan25 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Has anyone on this forum or if they know anyone whose application is return becouse of countersignatory not accepted.

Or if anyone has used someone not in the list or just like someone not professional and they been alright.

jack902
Junior Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:15 pm
Location: London

Post by jack902 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:23 am

If it is returned for whatever reason, does one need to pay a new fee? Or simply send in the information or change requested?

linkers
Respected Guru
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:55 am

Post by linkers » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 am

Application Type: First Adult Passport
Method of Application: Post Office Check & Send
Date of application: 28 Nov 2013
Inquiry made by IPS on my Credit Report (Equifax): 02 Dec 2013
Date of application acknowledged by HMPO: 03 Dec 2013 (text)
Date of return of documents: 03 Dec 2013
Date of interview Letter: 05 Dec 2013 (dated 02 Dec 2013)
Date of passport interview appointment: 10 Dec 2013 (Reading)
Date of passport receipt: 12 Dec 2013 (09:30 am) :)
Last edited by linkers on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:18 am, edited 7 times in total.

chamelion
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 9:51 am

Post by chamelion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:16 am

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 29/11/2013
Date application received by IPS: 03/12/2013 (I called) + SMS notification 4/12
Date of return of documents: TBC
Date of receipt of interview letter: TBC
Date of Passport Appointment: TBC
Date of Passport Receipt: TBC


Not sure whether check + send is actually any faster - I remember reading your application is generally expedited. But not so sure - they evidently didn't even mail out my documents until Monday even though I submitted Friday morning.

Still no SMS confirmation or any acknowledgment either.
Last edited by chamelion on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

kkhan
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:09 am

Post by kkhan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:49 am

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: First Passport
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 29/11/2013
Date application received : 03/12/2013 (Txt message by HMPO)
Date of return of documents: TBC
Date of receipt of interview letter: TBC
Date of Passport Appointment: TBC
Date of Passport Receipt: TBC


:D

kkkr25
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by kkkr25 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:09 pm

I had my ceremony on 02-12-2013 and got my naturalisation certificate.
I was wondering when can I apply for passport?
Is there any time limit I need to apply with in?
I mean am travelling overseas on work next week till end of February 2014, can I apply for British passport after I come back to UK?

chamelion
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 9:51 am

Post by chamelion » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:19 pm

kkkr25 wrote:I had my ceremony on 02-12-2013 and got my naturalisation certificate.
I was wondering when can I apply for passport?
Is there any time limit I need to apply with in?
I mean am travelling overseas on work next week till end of February 2014, can I apply for British passport after I come back to UK?
naturalisation certificate does not expire. It means you're already British and have a right to apply to the passport whenever you want.

SgtBellPepper
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by SgtBellPepper » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:08 pm

First Adult Passport
Method of Application: PO Check and Send
Date of application: 27/11/2013
Date of application acknowledged by HMPO: 03/12/2013 (received via SMS)
Date of return of documents: TBC
Date of interview Letter: 03/12/2013 (received 04/12/2013)
Date of passport interview appointment: 09/12/2013
Date of passport receipt: TBC

supasweet
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 pm

New-Adult Passport

Post by supasweet » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: First Passport
Method of application: Post ( NOT Check & Send)
Date of application: 28/11/2013
Confirmation received : 04/12/2013 (Txt message by HMPO)
Date of receipt of interview letter: 06/12/2013 (Dated 04/12/2013)
Date of Passport Appointment: 07/12/2013
Date of return of documents: 10/12/2013
Date of Passport Receipt: 11/12/2013
Last edited by supasweet on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Reply
cron