ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

rickyrafe777
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by rickyrafe777 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:45 pm

milan69 wrote:Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 14.04
Date of confirmation text: 16.04
Date of receipt of interview letter: 08.05
Date of return of documents: 09.05.
Date of Passport Appointment: 09.05
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: 12.05
Date of Passport Receipt: 13.05 (date of issue 09.05)
congrts... :)

aquarius
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:22 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by aquarius » Wed May 14, 2014 8:59 am

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New (Naturalised)
Method of application: Check and Send Service
Date of application: 09/04/2014
Date application received by IPS: 11/04/2014
Date of SMS Received: 15/04/2014
Date of return of documents: 04/05/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 08/05/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 08/05/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 12/05/2014 :D

NOG
Member of Standing
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by NOG » Wed May 14, 2014 10:33 am

aquarius wrote:Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New (Naturalised)
Method of application: Check and Send Service
Date of application: 09/04/2014
Date application received by IPS: 11/04/2014
Date of SMS Received: 15/04/2014
Date of return of documents: 04/05/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 08/05/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 08/05/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 12/05/2014 :D
Congrats, which passport interview office did you book at to get the appointment on the same day?

splashing
Junior Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by splashing » Wed May 14, 2014 10:45 am

splashing wrote:Application Type: New (Adullt, through Naturalisation)
Method of application: Post Office Check and send (Edinburgh)
Date application sent : 12/04/2014
Date of receipt of application by IPS - dont Know
Date of deduction of fees : N/A
Date of receipt of SMS: ? 16/04/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter :13/05/2014 dated 11/05/2014
Date of return of documents : still waiting
Date of interview appointment : 16/05/2014 glasgow
Date of receipt of passport:Waiting

asadulla
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Blackburn, UK

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by asadulla » Wed May 14, 2014 10:48 am

Application Timeline
Passport for: 2 Adult + 2 Child
Application Type: New (Nationalised)
Method of application: Postal (Sent through Special delivery)
Date of application: 13/05/2014
Date application received by IPS:
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Appointment:
Date of Passport Receipt:

NOG
Member of Standing
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by NOG » Wed May 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Does anyone have the email address and direct telephone number for the Peterborough and Durham passport office?
It is insane to keep explaining the situation to robots if one is lucky to get through on the 0300 number.

kassem
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:05 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by kassem » Wed May 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Applied on May 1st at post office check & send. Till today (14/05/2014), I have NOT received any acknowledgment (SMS, etc.) of my application. I called today the 0300 and they could not see anything on their system. is that normal :roll: ?

emmaluck
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by emmaluck » Wed May 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Application Timeline
Passport for: 2 Adults +1 Child
Application Type: New (Nationalised + Registered)
Method of application: Post Office Check and Send
Date of application: 14 /05/2014
Date application received by IPS:
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Appointment:
Date of Passport Receipt:

baji15
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by baji15 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Updated SMS passport getting printed and return of documents
baji15 wrote: Updating Received Letter from HM Passport office to book an appointment and booked appointment
baji15 wrote:Updating SMS receipt.
baji15 wrote:Application Type: New (Adullt, through Naturalisation)
Method of application: Post Office Check and send (London)
Date application sent : 15/04/2014
Date of receipt of application by IPS - N/A
Date of deduction of fees : N/A
Date of receipt of SMS: ? 18/04/2014
Date of receipt of HMPO Reference letter to book appointment :10/05/2014 ( Dated 09/05/2014)
Date of receipt of interview letter :13/05/2014
Date of return of documents : 13/05/2014

Date of interview appointment : 13/05/2014
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: 14/05/2014
Date of receipt of passport:Waiting

Soebmk
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:39 am
Location: London

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Soebmk » Wed May 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Hello everyone I send my passport application using check n send service on 09/05/2014. But still passport office has not received my application with them so how long does normally it takes to reach yo passport office??? I am really worried as I don't have my passport n naturalisation certificate on me neither passport office received it so plz advise me what to do next???? :worried:

akash08
Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:59 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by akash08 » Thu May 15, 2014 3:33 am

Soebmk wrote:Hello everyone I send my passport application using check n send service on 09/05/2014. But still passport office has not received my application with them so how long does normally it takes to reach yo passport office??? I am really worried as I don't have my passport n naturalisation certificate on me neither passport office received it so plz advise me what to do next???? :worried:

I sent it one day after you and have not received any sms. How do you know they have not received it? Did you call them?

I did not even photocopy my naturalisation certificate, do not remember the numbers as well.

Pvsc27
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Pvsc27 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:05 am

I have sent application on 2nd May with Check and Send service and as written on application i haven't received any SMS. But i have contacted them thru passport enq site and got reply (from ukpa@reply.co.uk) saying they have received and its under process and it would take around 6 weeks. Weird that they say if we provide mobile number they will send SMS but i doubt how many have received it.

kamshah
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 pm
Location: Devon

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by kamshah » Thu May 15, 2014 9:51 am

Passport for: 1 Adult and 2 Children (Born outside UK)
Applications Type: New (Naturalised)
Method of application: Check and Send Service
Date of application: 08/04/2014
Date application received by IPS: -
Date of SMS Received: 11/04/2014
Date of Passport Receipt Children:07/05/2014
Date of return of documents Children: 09/05/2014
Date of return of documents Adult: 10/05/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 08/05/2014 dated 06/05/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 10/05/2014
Sms received from HMPO: 12/05/2014 Your passport is being printed
Date of Passport Receipt: 13/05/2014

Many thanx to this forum especially the moderators

let_koko
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:32 am

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by let_koko » Thu May 15, 2014 11:24 am

Application Timeline
Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 25th April 2014
Date application received by IPS: Not Known
Text Message Received: Yes on 30th April 2014
Date of return of documents: Waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: Waiting
Date of Passport Appointment: Waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting

jotter
Member of Standing
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by jotter » Thu May 15, 2014 11:35 am

Received my interview letter and booked my interview.

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New (Naturalised)
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 12/04/2014
Date application received by IPS (post tracking): 14/04/2014 (Durham office)
SMS received: 17/04/2014
Payment taken: 17/04/2014
Date of return of documents: Waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: 15/05/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 16/05/2014 (scheduled)
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting

Will update further tomorrow after my interview.

baji15
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by baji15 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Update Passport Received

Application Type: New (Adullt, through Naturalisation)
Method of application: Post Office Check and send (London)
Date application sent : 15/04/2014
Date of receipt of application by IPS - N/A
Date of deduction of fees : N/A
Date of receipt of SMS: ? 18/04/2014
Date of receipt of HMPO Reference letter to book appointment :10/05/2014 ( Dated 09/05/2014)
Date of receipt of interview letter :13/05/2014
Date of return of documents : 13/05/2014

Date of interview appointment : 13/05/2014
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: 14/05/2014
Date of receipt of passport:15/05/2014 [ Printed date 13/05/2014 ]


Many thanks to this site and wish you all the best and good luck for all.

nalgire
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by nalgire » Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm

baji15 wrote:Update Passport Received

Application Type: New (Adullt, through Naturalisation)
Method of application: Post Office Check and send (London)
Date application sent : 15/04/2014
Date of receipt of application by IPS - N/A
Date of deduction of fees : N/A
Date of receipt of SMS: ? 18/04/2014
Date of receipt of HMPO Reference letter to book appointment :10/05/2014 ( Dated 09/05/2014)
Date of receipt of interview letter :13/05/2014
Date of return of documents : 13/05/2014

Date of interview appointment : 13/05/2014
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: 14/05/2014
Date of receipt of passport:15/05/2014 [ Printed date 13/05/2014 ][/c

Many thanks to this site and wish you all the best and good luck for all.


Hi Baji15 , did you receive your passport via the normal post or via DX service and did you have to pay for that service? thanks

UKc2be
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by UKc2be » Thu May 15, 2014 3:20 pm

I had the interview today in the Victoria office. I was very nervous and made a few mistakes. Besides them checking up on what I said, if he let me sign does that probably mean all is well up to that point?

Thanks

Camzapoppin
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:49 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Camzapoppin » Thu May 15, 2014 4:05 pm

So, after much stress, I received my interview letter yesterday. Phoned first thing this morning, only to find the first available interview isn't until MAY 28th... :(

Anyone have any advice on how I might be able to get in a bit quicker? Happy to travel if you think it'll help.

Your advice is much appreciated!

Cam.

mmf
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by mmf » Thu May 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Dear All,

I applied online on 2/4/14 and posted the application along with other documents on 3/4/14 and was received in the Glasgow office on 4/4/14.
Till now I have received no communication and calling the helpline seems a fruitless exercise. They did call me back couple of times but were not able to give any more information than I knew , ie my application is under process.

Today they gave me the number for booking appointment but when I called that line, they said they cant book an interview unless I have a letter and interview reference number.

Any ideas, dont know whom to ask? I even send a written compliant but no luck yet.

Best wishes
M

I am almost calling daily , but no luck...saying still under process. Any advice would be appreciated...its more than 6 weeks now :o

baji15
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by baji15 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:34 pm

nalgire wrote:
baji15 wrote:Update Passport Received

Application Type: New (Adullt, through Naturalisation)
Method of application: Post Office Check and send (London)
Date application sent : 15/04/2014
Date of receipt of application by IPS - N/A
Date of deduction of fees : N/A
Date of receipt of SMS: ? 18/04/2014
Date of receipt of HMPO Reference letter to book appointment :10/05/2014 ( Dated 09/05/2014)
Date of receipt of interview letter :13/05/2014
Date of return of documents : 13/05/2014

Date of interview appointment : 13/05/2014
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: 14/05/2014
Date of receipt of passport:15/05/2014 [ Printed date 13/05/2014 ][/c

Many thanks to this site and wish you all the best and good luck for all.


Hi Baji15 , did you receive your passport via the normal post or via DX service and did you have to pay for that service? thanks


Hi , I got it through DX service (British passport) and Indian passport also DX service paid for it in advance.

Zeeshan123
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:17 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Zeeshan123 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:26 pm

UPDATE
Application Type: New, first adult passport
Method of application: Check and send
Date of application: 23/04/2014
Date SMS Received: 28/04/2014
Date of return of documents: Pending
Date of receipt of interview letter: 09/05/2014
Date of interview appointment: 13/05/2014
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: 14/05-2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 15/05/2014

ah_kassem
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:46 am

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by ah_kassem » Fri May 16, 2014 8:14 am

Application Type: New, first adult passport
Method of application: Check and send (london)
Date of application: 01/05/2014
Date SMS Received: never recieved one
Date of return of documents: Pending
Date of receipt of interview letter: pending
Date of interview appointment: pending
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: pending
Date of Passport Receipt: pending

I have never recieved an SMS is that unusual??

ah_kassem
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:46 am

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by ah_kassem » Fri May 16, 2014 8:18 am

Camzapoppin wrote:So, after much stress, I received my interview letter yesterday. Phoned first thing this morning, only to find the first available interview isn't until MAY 28th... :(

Anyone have any advice on how I might be able to get in a bit quicker? Happy to travel if you think it'll help.

Your advice is much appreciated!

Cam.
call other offices dont stick to the one nearer to you if you are in a hurry

Ferbiesj
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:38 am

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Ferbiesj » Fri May 16, 2014 8:47 am

We applied 6 weeks ago for my new born sons passport now the passport office have said we never in which we have evidence that we did, we are currently in the UAE and was ment to be in the uk on the26 th may as we had everything booked and paid for for one months holiday , can anyone please tell me how long it takes because the passport office keep lying to me and tell me nothing

Post Reply
cron