ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for British citizen child born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
ravibabu1408
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:41 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by ravibabu1408 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:54 pm

san000 wrote:Update On our child passport application.
Application date 18th sept 2015 at VFS Mumbai
Interview on 20th nov 2015
Passport collected 22nd dec 2015.
We were lucky to get passport in three months.
We do not know how but we used countersignatory as british citizen living in india who is Friend of mine. This may be reason for quick process.
Next step is exit permit. Hope this info will be helpful.
All the best.

Hi Ramesh,

I am also Planing to apply child overseas passport from India. What is the application submission procedure.. do i need take new born baby to VFS office for submitting the passport application or by the time of interview?

Regards,
Ravi

rambo123
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by rambo123 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:13 pm

ravibabu1408 wrote:
san000 wrote:Update On our child passport application.
Application date 18th sept 2015 at VFS Mumbai
Interview on 20th nov 2015
Passport collected 22nd dec 2015.
We were lucky to get passport in three months.
We do not know how but we used countersignatory as british citizen living in india who is Friend of mine. This may be reason for quick process.
Next step is exit permit. Hope this info will be helpful.
All the best.

Hi Ramesh,

I am also Planing to apply child overseas passport from India. What is the application submission procedure.. do i need take new born baby to VFS office for submitting the passport application or by the time of interview?

Regards,
Ravi
Hi Ravi,

I don't think there is requirement to take baby either for application or for interview.

prabhu1981
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: London

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by prabhu1981 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi Guys

I see San applied very recently and got the passport within 3 months.

Has anyone else applied recently in last 3-6 months and still waiting or recieved the passport?

I am trying to understand if anything has improved now with these India born British passport application process as I need to plan for the same in June 2016

Appreciate your responses

Thanks

shakil.saif79
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:40 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by shakil.saif79 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi Members,

Just wondered, has anyone come across DNA test? if yes, where DNA takes place and how much it cost per application. Also if possible please describe procedure. is DNA test takes place in designated centers or you can schedule at any authentic hospital. someone mentioned that it can take month(s) to get an appointment. i am living in the uk and wife and children in Pakistan. Also if you can list interview questions. is interview in english or can in local language i.e.urdu?

What is easy to apply and obtain i.e. British passport or Certificate of entitlement for right of abode? i am naturalised and children born after my citizenship. wife and children holds pakistani passports. can i apply Certificate of entitlement for right of abode for my children.

kind regards,

Shakil

rambo123
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by rambo123 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:51 am

Hi,

Could someone please share a cover letter template for applying British passport for baby born in India?

Many Thanks,
-Ramesh

Arjun99
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by Arjun99 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:08 pm

hi there
could someone lease share the sample covering letter for applying passport from overseas?
Thanks
Arjun

Arjun99
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by Arjun99 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi Ramesh
have yu managed to receive any samples letters?
Thanks

robraj111
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by robraj111 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:07 am

Hi ,
I have received UK citizenship on 13/01/2016 and my wife is on spouse dependent visa(Spouse/Partner - work permit).

we are blessed with a baby girl on 05/02/2016 in India.

can I Apply India passport & dependent visa for my baby or only eligible for British passport?

Kindly suggest me.

Regards,
ravi

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 30431
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:15 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mightyjo
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by mightyjo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:05 am

Hi All
Apply for my Child's First British Passport from INDIA who Born in INDIA
Father British, Mother Indian National
First Child British
Apply for second child Who born in India.

Application Date 22/11/2015
Ask for more documents (mother's old passport, her birth certificate)22/12/2015
Ask for email to submit More Photo of child and mother, 10/02/2016
Attend Interview 21/02/2015 at local VFS, 40 min long interview.

Waiting for next Update!!!

robraj111
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by robraj111 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:29 pm

mightyjo wrote:Hi All
Apply for my Child's First British Passport from INDIA who Born in INDIA
Father British, Mother Indian National
First Child British
Apply for second child Who born in India.

Application Date 22/11/2015
Ask for more documents (mother's old passport, her birth certificate)22/12/2015
Ask for email to submit More Photo of child and mother, 10/02/2016
Attend Interview 21/02/2015 at local VFS, 40 min long interview.

Waiting for next Update!!!

Hi mightyjo ,

Could you please share cover letter format for applying child first British passport from India.

Cheers,
Ravi

robraj111
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by robraj111 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:35 pm

san000 wrote:Hi Ramesh, refer H_manatee's post for list of all documents.
Others,
Please do not send private messages as I do not have access to
read them.

Hi san000,

Could you please share cover letter template for applying child first British passport from INDIA.

Cheers,
Ravi

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:52 pm
Mood:

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by amitbalaji » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:37 pm

Hello, I have couple of questions if any can clarify please? I will be great full

Father BC and mother ILR. Baby due very shortly in India. I will be visiting India after baby is born only for few days.

1) How can I get a countersignature for Baby pics as it will be very difficult to find a british citizen in India to do the signature. Is there any alternative?
2) As I will be will visiting India only for few days, what happens if they call for an interview? My wife has ILR and baby's british passport will be based on me and I will be in UK? Can mum attend the interview?


Many Thanks in advance
Amit

rambo123
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by rambo123 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:28 pm

mightyjo wrote:Hi All
Apply for my Child's First British Passport from INDIA who Born in INDIA
Father British, Mother Indian National
First Child British
Apply for second child Who born in India.

Application Date 22/11/2015
Ask for more documents (mother's old passport, her birth certificate)22/12/2015
Ask for email to submit More Photo of child and mother, 10/02/2016
Attend Interview 21/02/2015 at local VFS, 40 min long interview.

Waiting for next Update!!!
Hi mightyjo,

I am in exactly in the same situation as yours. Father British, mother Indian with ILR. Baby born in India.

01/03/2016: Applied for British passport from VFS Bangalore
11/03/2016: got email asking more documents for my India address proof, I have not sent yet.

Did you apply for your child passport in your name or your wife’s name?

Thanks,
-Ramesh

mightyjo
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by mightyjo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Hi All
Apply for my Child's First British Passport from INDIA who Born in INDIA
Father British, Mother Indian National
First Child British
Apply for second child Who born in India.

Application Date 22/11/2015
Ask for more documents (mother's old passport, her birth certificate)22/12/2015
Ask for email to submit More Photo of child and mother, 10/02/2016
Attend Interview 21/02/2015 at local VFS, 40 min long interview.

GOOD NEWS :D Got it Today 22/03/2016, almost 4 month not bad!!!

Now Visa OR Exit Permit ?? Because leaving date is not Confirm Yet!! do they issue Exit Permit on same day on application?? do i need to show them leaving date??

Please Help!!! :)

khaisar007
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by khaisar007 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:33 am

Hi Team,

I am in process of applying for British passport for my 2nd child who is due to arrive in few weeks.

I have below queries and it will be really helpful if you can help me.

1. I am British citizen from Oct 2015 onwards, and currently working in UK
2. My wife is Indian and is on Indian passport. I have a daughter 1 year old(indian passport, and born in india when i was on ILR) and currently both my wife and daughter are in india.
3. My wife was in UK in 2013 for short period of time for 6 months and left UK and eventually her UK dependent visa also expired and her visa was not renewed as there was no immediate plan to come to UK
4. I am expecting my 2nd child to be born in India in next few weeks and going through the chain I understand my child will be british by decent.
5. I have gone through H_manatee's post for required documents and have few queries.

Queries:
1. I will be visiting India for few weeks, so while submitting application does it need to be on my behalf or my wife?
2. Do i need submit the UK notary ceritified copy of my british passport to VFS along with child passport application?
3. As I will be will visiting India only for few days, what happens if they call for an interview? My wife has Indian passport and doesn't have a UK valid visa as of now and baby's british passport will be based on me and I will be in UK? Can I attend the interview from UK or do i need to travel to india for interview?

Your response will greatly help me.

Thanks
Khaisar

mightyjo
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by mightyjo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:49 pm

khaisar007 wrote:Hi Team,

I am in process of applying for British passport for my 2nd child who is due to arrive in few weeks.

I have below queries and it will be really helpful if you can help me.

1. I am British citizen from Oct 2015 onwards, and currently working in UK
2. My wife is Indian and is on Indian passport. I have a daughter 1 year old(indian passport, and born in india when i was on ILR) and currently both my wife and daughter are in india.
3. My wife was in UK in 2013 for short period of time for 6 months and left UK and eventually her UK dependent visa also expired and her visa was not renewed as there was no immediate plan to come to UK
4. I am expecting my 2nd child to be born in India in next few weeks and going through the chain I understand my child will be british by decent.
5. I have gone through H_manatee's post for required documents and have few queries.

Queries:
1. I will be visiting India for few weeks, so while submitting application does it need to be on my behalf or my wife?
2. Do i need submit the UK notary ceritified copy of my british passport to VFS along with child passport application?
3. As I will be will visiting India only for few days, what happens if they call for an interview? My wife has Indian passport and doesn't have a UK valid visa as of now and baby's british passport will be based on me and I will be in UK? Can I attend the interview from UK or do i need to travel to india for interview?

Your response will greatly help me.

Thanks
Khaisar
Hi khaisar007

Ans:1 Anyone can submit application you or ur wife.

Ans:2 you need to submit copy of your passport and your wife passport in color copy of all page. no need to veryfiy, VSF will do for you. bring original with you if you have.

Ans.3 Anyone can attand interview, if ur wife then she have to give interview at local VFS.

khaisar007
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by khaisar007 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Thanks Mightyjo

krisanj
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:39 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by krisanj » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

After a long time logged into this message board. This message board immensely helped me during my application for Naturalization and also for the passport thought my experiences would help to other boarders in application for my new born passport, here are the details. Believe my situation is little different, so will detail all I could

I hold BC since October, 2011 through naturalization . My wife hold ILR since 2010 and my first born daughter hold BC by birth since she is born in UK after my ILR. I moved out of UK in June, 2012 to Singapore due to restructuring of my company since then I am in Singapore working for the same company.

Here is the Passport timeline for my new born in India

Application Submitted - 13/10/2015 (VFS Hyderabad) (2 months after birth due to delay in receiving the Birth Certificate)
Reached Liverpool Office - 16/10/2015
Request for additional documents via email- 22/10/2015 (Mothers DOB certificate and some declaration forms), I took no action
Following up email - I - 17/11/2015
Following up email - II with warning that application will be cancelled - 02/12/2015, requested for additional time to keep it open until 31/12/2015
Confirmation to keep the application open - 03/12/2015
Additional Documents sent - 13/12/2015
Email stating Completion of UK process - 06/01/2016

After this email, completely radio silence, no more mails or requests from either UK office or India office. Since my daughter is studying in India and academic year would end in March/April I was willing to wait. So never called the UK office even after 16 weeks. At the end of March I called the UK office for an update who provided the standard reply "security checks" in progress. However two days after I received a mail from BHC New Delhi to send photos related to Pre and Post pregnancy photos with the new born, which I promptly sent across on the same day. Few days later I again called for an update and I was given same standard reply "security checks". Out of blue, my wife received a text message saying DHL has picked up parcel from DDGS and will be delivered in 3 days time and they indeed delivered in 2 days to BHC. Parallely, through UK website I have requested the current status, for which I received a email stating passport is printed on 08/04/2016 and will be delivered to me in 7-10 days, which confirms the DHL delivery to BHC. I also requested the VFS Hyderabad, who acknowledged my mail same day that they will inform me as and when passport is received from BHC. VFS Hyderabad called us on Monday 18th April to collect the passport which is collected today.

I was expecting for an interview with BHC, however no interview was conducted so bit surprised.

Documents submitted along with the application form

1> Marriage Certificate
2> Color Photos with the New born
3> Medical records of pregnancy provided in Singapore and also in India
4> Discharge Report
5> India Address proof
6> New born birth certificate (provided original copy, but they refused to accept so took a Colour duplicate copy)
7> Address proof in Singapore including Singapore Identify Card
8> Covering letter
9> Doctors certificate supporting for flying from Singapore to India
10> Mothers Birth Certificate (submitted on 13/12/2015)
11> Additional photos (submitted on 31/03/2016)

Overall it has taken around 4 months, excluding the 2 months wasted due to my inaction.

Finally, based on my ILR application and now my son's passport my suggestion to other boarders is to call the helpline just after 16 weeks. I believe this would help to get the required attention. My observation is my application got traction once I called them up in March, '16. Similar thing happened during my ILR application, have submitted through my company's lawyer but even after 2 months no action, once I called them I received my passport with ILR within 1 week.

All the best for others eagerly waiting for their loved one's passport.

Now journey for exit visa in India begins

smpank
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by smpank » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have applied for my daughter's UK Passport in December 2015 through VFS mumbai, has anyone applied through VFS Mumbai? I would like to know if they contact you via a phone call or email to collect the passport? Did anyone one of you get a DHL message on your mobile informing that the passport has been delivered to BHC Delhi?

Please share the contact details for VFS Mumbai.

Please let me know if you have any information.

Thanks.

smpank
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by smpank » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 pm

smpank wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have applied for my daughter's UK Passport in December 2015 through VFS mumbai, has anyone applied through VFS Mumbai? I would like to know if they contact you via a phone call or email to collect the passport? Did anyone one of you get a DHL message on your mobile informing that the passport has been delivered to BHC Delhi?

Please share the contact details for VFS Mumbai.

Please let me know if you have any information.

Thanks.
I have now received my daughter's passport. This is the timeline for your reference:
Submitted Application to VFS Mumbai: 7th Dec 2015
Credit card debited: 14th Dec 2015
Passport printed in UK: 11th April 2016
DHL text message received on Indian mobile number: 13th April 2016
Passport delivered to BHC Delhi: 15th April 2016
VFS Mumbai email received for passport collection: 27th April 2016.

My counter signatory was not contacted.

The complete process took more than 4 months and it takes a lot of patience to get through it.

Please make sure that you supply more than the required documents as listed in their supporting document requirement guidelines.

Thanks.

at_ja
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 9:59 am
India

Re: British passport for British citizen child born in India

Post by at_ja » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:38 am

Hello,

We are British citizen through naturalisation

I have applied for British passport on 31st May in VFS delhi for my twins baby boy born in India.

From earlier post looks like it would minium take 4 month.

I have filled up India address in the applicant address but did not have any address proof as we do not hold anything in India. VFS Delhi officer refused to accept this and ask me to change the form and filled up UK address as we are not providing any India address proof.

Did anyone faced this situation earlier? and would this create any problem

ashok2013
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by ashok2013 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:14 am

movingwonder wrote:Thanks Reddy123 & Vinny. I am already facing big issue with this untrained and under qualified ECO. Applying ILR will be strictly a chance as explained in the post by vinny and this can cause more financial damage to me with no result.

I have now decided to wait for the appeal decision and have written to High commissioner of Chennai @ web.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk
about their incorrect decision on ROA. In addition I have read that there is no more APPEAL process for any New applications, so, I might as well keep the appeal on.

regards,
Raaj
Hello,
I am going through your emails. Can you please let me known update on your Appeal.
I am also planning to apply ROA for my child by the end of this month.
I am exactly in same situation of yours.
I will be waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Regards,
Ashok

SriVidhu
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:21 am

Re: British passport for British citizen child born in India

Post by SriVidhu » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:44 am

hi ,
We both are BC by naturalisation.

We applied for British passport for my second child born in India recently .
Today when I called the UK passport office after 16 weeks, they said that the security checks/enqueries are completed from UK side and the application is now in Delhi for further processing.
Does anyone know what does that mean?
Can we know how much time it takes from now to get the passport and what could be the next steps.

Here are the timlines of application:
Father, Mother- British National
Application date- 16Feb2016
Application Centre- VFS UK , Hyderabad

Appreciate your help on this. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Siva

rambo123
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: British passport for British citizen child born in India

Post by rambo123 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:26 pm

SriVidhu wrote:hi ,
We both are BC by naturalisation.

We applied for British passport for my second child born in India recently .
Today when I called the UK passport office after 16 weeks, they said that the security checks/enqueries are completed from UK side and the application is now in Delhi for further processing.
Does anyone know what does that mean?
Can we know how much time it takes from now to get the passport and what could be the next steps.

Here are the timlines of application:
Father, Mother- British National
Application date- 16Feb2016
Application Centre- VFS UK , Hyderabad

Appreciate your help on this. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Siva
Hi Siva,

Did you get any update on this?

Thanks,
-Ram

Locked
cron