ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for British citizen child born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
H_manatee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

British passport for British citizen child born in India

Post by H_manatee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:20 am

Applying for British passport for baby born in India to naturalised British citizens of Indian origin holding OCI - The new VFS process

I recently applied for my baby’s British passport from India and hence thought of sharing my experience with the forum members. With the amount of help I have received from the online forums over the years, I only felt it right to share my experience so others can also benefit.

So, here it begins…

Both my wife and I are naturalised British citizens of Indian origin (OCI holders), both settled and working in the UK. With the intension of availing parental assistance during maternity, my wife travelled to India at 32nd week of her pregnancy this year (2014). She gave birth to an adorable baby girl in July. I was following up on various forums on the internet to get an idea about the British passport application process for some time now and it was really terrifying to learn of people’s horror stories of having to wait for up to 6 months to get the passport with many rejections in the process. We were mentally prepared for this eventuality hence my wife is going to stay in India for however long it takes for the passport to arrive (thankfully she has nearly a year of maternity leave).

We were planning to apply towards the end of August 2014 by sending the application to the British High Commission in Delhi but, to our surprise, it turned out, they changed the process from the beginning of August this year and the applications were to be submitted in person at one of the VFS centres. This in fact turned out to be a boon for us as it’s very close to our place of residence and with the new process we could get all our originals back on the same day. Only downside we faced was having to make a colour photocopy of every document –the maternity records really created a confusion for us as we had so many. The photocopy bill itself run upwards of Rs.2000  but in the end it turned out to be a nice experience.

We first booked an appointment at Bangalore VFS through their email address bangalore.hmpo@vfshelpline.com. We received the appointment confirmation within an hour for an interview couple of days later –which was our first preference. The VFS staff are exceptionally friendly and never give a chance for you to panic even if something is not in order. As long as you carry every original document they will try to make the experience seamless. There is a photocopy booth outside where you can Xerox any additionally needed document. VFS did not charge any fee for the service and the whole process was over within 45 minutes. The passport application fee payment was done through the credit card mandate (£76.01) so we did not have to spend any money on the day (other than for a few photocopies). They also mentioned that since it’s a relatively straight forward application, they expected it to take 6-10 weeks of processing time, though, based on what I have read elsewhere, we are still OK with 4-5 months. They also said if there is anything more needed, they would contact us via email (not sure about the phone). The passport will need to be collected by one of the parents in person and they will email us when it’s ready for collection.

As I (i.e. father of the baby) had to return to work in the UK, the application was made on behalf of my wife. Once the passport arrives, I will try to do the overseas birth registration from the UK itself. But there is some time for that to happen as I will need baby’s passport for that apparently. And after the registration, we are planning for OCI either from India or UK depending on the time we have in India once the passport arrives.

For the passport application interview, I prepared a separate carry-folder for each set of documentation –Medical records, residency records, employment records, passport, naturalisation certificates, baby birth certificates etc. (along with one colour photocopy each). Also note, with the new VFS process, there is no longer any need for UK Notary-attested passport copy of either parent. Just the colour photocopy of the passports will do as VFS staff themselves will verify and attest them before sending it off to UK IPS (In fact I am a bit surprised by this level of trust the UK government has on VFS).

Below are the colour photocopy documents I ended up submitting to VFS (though you will also need the corresponding originals at the time of submitting – after verification they will give the originals back.):

a. Completed passport application form and the credit card form:

Read every piece of information on the application form and the guidance document carefully as you are most likely to miss out on something. Use black ink throughout. As regards the counter signatory, we ended up getting hold of one of my wife’s previous managers in India. VFS did not seem to have any problem with it. Also, I think in guidance document somewhere it’s mentioned that the counter-signatory’s passport copy (front and the back page) in colour need to be submitted but VFS were adamant that it’s not required despite my several requests. If they come back asking for it, we will submit it at that time. Something tells me VFS are not fully up to date with the process as it has just started.

b. Parents’ Identity proof (UK):

1. Father’s full British passport and mother’s full British passport
2. Mother’s old cancelled Indian passport (VFS asked for this specifically, though I had not taken a copy with me initially. It’s mother’s copy because she is the main applicant and it has her Indian residence proof)
3. Father’s and mother’s naturalisation certificate.
4. Father's and mother's OCI Card
5. Father’s and mother’s UK driving license - permanent or provisional (only the card was sufficient)
6. Father’s and Mother’s UK NI number card

c. Parents’ Identity proof (India):

1. Mother’s Indian driving license (to prove Indian residence address). Her old cancelled Indian passport above also had residence address proof.
2. Letter from my wife’s parents explaining my wife’s stay with them for maternity. We also submitted a copy of her air ticket with which she had travelled to India at 32nd week –just to further evidence the case.

Note: VFS refused to take my wife’s parents’ residence proof documents (aadhar card, passport copies) as they said it just complicates matters.

d. Baby’s identity proof:

1. Birth certificate issued by the local municipal authority
2. Birth certificate issued by the hospital where the birth took place
3. Baptism certificate (where the naming took place) – This is not mandatory in my opinion as it’s down to people’s customs

e. Maternity records (UK NHS):

As my wife was living in the UK up until week 32, we had an NHS file which had her appointment letters, scan reports, blood reports etc. We made a whole copy of this and submitted it to VFS

f. Maternity records (India):

This file included all the maternity records from the hospital in India where my wife delivered the baby. This also included a few bills, discharge summary, and other scan reports.

g. Other UK documents:

1. 3 bank statements of both the parents
2. 3 recent payslips of both the parents
3. Mother’s maternity benefits letter given by her employer
4. Any other employment related documents of both the parents
5. P60’s of both the parents (x2)

h. Photos:

1. 2 UK-passport standard photographs (45mm x 35mm with white background), one of which had to be attested at the back in black ink (as per how it’s requested –see guidance form) by the person countersigning the passport application.

2. There is a requirement to send a few photographs taken during the birth (at the hospital) as well as during the naming ceremony. As per the new process, it turns out, they do not want the physical copies of the photos, instead the VFS staff asked me to provide a colour photocopy of those (by placing 4 photos on an A4 paper and photocopying it). I provided 3 pages (i.e. 12 photos in total).

i. Covering letter:

We also included a covering letter on behalf of the main applicant (my wife) briefly explaining the circumstances of the application, her travel to India at 32nd week, her India and UK residence, legal status etc. We also mentioned about counter signatory familiarity.

Now the waiting game begins. Let’s see how long it will take. I will keep you posted. It’s not just this application but it is my overall experience with the UK immigration authorities over the last 10 years that as long as you provide sufficient quality documentation helping to build a strong case, clearly explaining the circumstances where there is room for doubt, while avoiding the chaff/fluff, it’s more or less a seamless experience. Any anomalies/inconsistencies in the documentation (such as some documents with previous residence address if you have moved home etc.) should be clearly mentioned on the covering letter.

As the application has gone through VFS after individual verification of each document we have a bit of confidence that there will not be any major setbacks. VFS has a checklist to go through before they officially accept the application. But then again you never know. As the process is at its nascent stage I am sure there will be a few hiccups.

All the best.
Last edited by H_manatee on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 13 times in total.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:52 am

with so many posts on citizenship process for kids born in India on a daily basis...This post deserves to be pinned for the excellent indetail information ..

Amber can u look into this pls :?:

H_manatee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by H_manatee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Another document I forgot to mention in my above post is the Marriage certificate.

humawakas2014
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by humawakas2014 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:41 pm

H_manatee wrote:Applying for British passport for baby born in India to naturalised British citizens of Indian origin holding OCI - The new VFS process

I recently applied for my baby’s British passport from India and hence thought of sharing my experience with the forum members. With the amount of help I have received from the online forums over the years, I only felt it right to share my experience so others can also benefit.

So, here it begins…

Both my wife and I are naturalised British citizens of Indian origin (OCI holders), both settled and working in the UK. With the intension of availing parental assistance during maternity, my wife travelled to India at 32nd week of her pregnancy this year (2014). She gave birth to an adorable baby girl in July. I was following up on various forums on the internet to get an idea about the British passport application process for some time now and it was really terrifying to learn of people’s horror stories of having to wait for up to 6 months to get the passport with many rejections in the process. We were mentally prepared for this eventuality hence my wife is going to stay in India for however long it takes for the passport to arrive (thankfully she has nearly a year of maternity leave).

We were planning to apply towards the end of August 2014 by sending the application to the British High Commission in Delhi but, to our surprise, it turned out, they changed the process from the beginning of August this year and the applications were to be submitted in person at one of the VFS centres. This in fact turned out to be a boon for us as it’s very close to our place of residence and with the new process we could get all our originals back on the same day. Only downside we faced was having to make a colour photocopy of every document –the maternity records really created a confusion for us as we had so many. The photocopy bill itself run upwards of Rs.2000  but in the end it turned out to be a nice experience.

We first booked an appointment at Bangalore VFS through their email address bangalore.hmpo@vfshelpline.com. We received the appointment confirmation within an hour for an interview couple of days later –which was our first preference. The VFS staff are exceptionally friendly and never give a chance for you to panic even if something is not in order. As long as you carry every original document they will try to make the experience seamless. There is a photocopy booth outside where you can Xerox any additionally needed document. VFS did not charge any fee for the service and the whole process was over within 45 minutes. The passport application fee payment was done through the credit card mandate (£76.01) so we did not have to spend any money on the day (other than for a few photocopies). They also mentioned that since it’s a relatively straight forward application, they expected it to take 6-10 weeks of processing time, though, based on what I have read elsewhere, we are still OK with 4-5 months. They also said if there is anything more needed, they would contact us via email (not sure about the phone). The passport will need to be collected by one of the parents in person and they will email us when it’s ready for collection.

As I (i.e. father of the baby) had to return to work in the UK, the application was made on behalf of my wife. Once the passport arrives, I will try to do the overseas birth registration from the UK itself. But there is some time for that to happen as I will need baby’s passport for that apparently. And after the registration, we are planning for OCI either from India or UK depending on the time we have in India once the passport arrives.

For the passport application interview, I prepared a separate carry-folder for each set of documentation –Medical records, residency records, employment records, passport, naturalisation certificates, baby birth certificates etc. (along with one colour photocopy each). Also note, with the new VFS process, there is no longer any need for UK Notary-attested passport copy of either parent. Just the colour photocopy of the passports will do as VFS staff themselves will verify and attest them before sending it off to UK IPS (In fact I am a bit surprised by this level of trust the UK government has on VFS).

Below are the colour photocopy documents I ended up submitting to VFS (though you will also need the corresponding originals at the time of submitting – after verification they will give the originals back.):

a. Completed passport application form and the credit card form:

Read every piece of information on the application form and the guidance document carefully as you are most likely to miss out on something. Use black ink throughout. As regards the counter signatory, we ended up getting hold of one of my wife’s previous managers in India. VFS did not seem to have any problem with it. Also, I think in guidance document somewhere it’s mentioned that the counter-signatory’s passport copy (front and the back page) in colour need to be submitted but VFS were adamant that it’s not required despite my several requests. If they come back asking for it, we will submit it at that time. Something tells me VFS are not fully up to date with the process as it has just started.

b. Parents’ Identity proof (UK):

1. Father’s full British passport and mother’s full British passport
2. Mother’s old cancelled Indian passport (VFS asked for this specifically, though I had not taken a copy with me initially. It’s mother’s copy because she is the main applicant and it has her Indian residence proof)
3. Father’s and mother’s naturalisation certificate.
4. Father's and mother's OCI Card
5. Father’s and mother’s UK driving license - permanent or provisional (only the card was sufficient)
6. Father’s and Mother’s UK NI number card

c. Parents’ Identity proof (India):

1. Mother’s Indian driving license (to prove Indian residence address). Her old cancelled Indian passport above also had residence address proof.
2. Letter from my wife’s parents explaining my wife’s stay with them for maternity. We also submitted a copy of her air ticket with which she had travelled to India at 32nd week –just to further evidence the case.

Note: VFS refused to take my wife’s parents’ residence proof documents (aadhar card, passport copies) as they said it just complicates matters.

d. Baby’s identity proof:

1. Birth certificate issued by the local municipal authority
2. Birth certificate issued by the hospital where the birth took place
3. Baptism certificate (where the naming took place) – This is not mandatory in my opinion as it’s down to people’s customs

e. Maternity records (UK NHS):

As my wife was living in the UK up until week 32, we had an NHS file which had her appointment letters, scan reports, blood reports etc. We made a whole copy of this and submitted it to VFS

f. Maternity records (India):

This file included all the maternity records from the hospital in India where my wife delivered the baby. This also included a few bills, discharge summary, and other scan reports.

g. Other UK documents:

1. 3 bank statements of both the parents
2. 3 recent payslips of both the parents
3. Mother’s maternity benefits letter given by her employer
4. Any other employment related documents of both the parents
5. P60’s of both the parents (x2)

h. Photos:

1. 2 UK-passport standard photographs (45mm x 35mm with white background), one of which had to be attested at the back in black ink (as per how it’s requested –see guidance form) by the person countersigning the passport application.

2. There is a requirement to send a few photographs taken during the birth (at the hospital) as well as during the naming ceremony. As per the new process, it turns out, they do not want the physical copies of the photos, instead the VFS staff asked me to provide a colour photocopy of those (by placing 4 photos on an A4 paper and photocopying it). I provided 3 pages (i.e. 12 photos in total).

i. Covering letter:

We also included a covering letter on behalf of the main applicant (my wife) briefly explaining the circumstances of the application, her travel to India at 32nd week, her India and UK residence, legal status etc. We also mentioned about counter signatory familiarity.

Now the waiting game begins. Let’s see how long it will take. I will keep you posted. It’s not just this application but it is my overall experience with the UK immigration authorities over the last 10 years that as long as you provide sufficient quality documentation helping to build a strong case, clearly explaining the circumstances where there is room for doubt, while avoiding the chaff/fluff, it’s more or less a seamless experience. Any anomalies/inconsistencies in the documentation (such as some documents with previous residence address if you have moved home etc.) should be clearly mentioned on the covering letter.

As the application has gone through VFS after individual verification of each document we have a bit of confidence that there will not be any major setbacks. VFS has a checklist to go through before they officially accept the application. But then again you never know. As the process is at its nascent stage I am sure there will be a few hiccups.

All the best.
Hi...

Just wondering wouldn't it of been easier if you applied for right of abode since you are british passport holder?

My daughter was born in Pakistan and for us it was going to take 8 months for a British passport. Decided to apply for right of abode through me as I am british passport holder... The certificate came within 8 days and we applied through gerry. Now will be applying for British passport once they are over in uk.

Hopefully british passport comes quickly! And you and family can be settled together in UK :D
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

H_manatee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by H_manatee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:57 pm

Not really sure. I was under the impression that ROA is only for those candidates whose parents were born in the UK. https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/commonwealth-citizens

We (i.e. parents of the baby) weren't born in the UK, instead are naturalised citizens.

Again I could be wrong but the option we have gone for seems ok for us. Hope they are not going to take forever.

humawakas2014
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by humawakas2014 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:44 pm

H_manatee wrote:Not really sure. I was under the impression that ROA is only for those candidates whose parents were born in the UK. https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/commonwealth-citizens

We (i.e. parents of the baby) weren't born in the UK, instead are naturalised citizens.

Again I could be wrong but the option we have gone for seems ok for us. Hope they are not going to take forever.
Oh no no... Aslong as you were settled and had a British passport wouldn't of been an issue they would of asked for your naturalisation certificate that's all :) but yeah! Your option is still the best :) wish we had the same facility in Pak
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

H_manatee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by H_manatee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Just a quick update - The application appears to have reached the UK IPS office as I can see £76.01 has been charged to the card exactly a week after submitting the application.

darsh24
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by darsh24 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:07 pm

H_manatee wrote:Just a quick update - The application appears to have reached the UK IPS office as I can see £76.01 has been charged to the card exactly a week after submitting the application.

Hi

We are in similar circumstances in the process of applying for British passport for our newborn son in India.

Where do you get all the information regarding this especially recent changes of VFS, fees etc?

H_manatee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by H_manatee » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:27 pm


darsh24
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by darsh24 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Thank you very much.

I have one query regarding address.

Which address to write in the form for baby's current address?
In the guidance, it says 'address where you live'.

Is it UK address or my parents indian address where I am living with the baby now? Indian address was provided for birth certificate as well.

akash08
Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:59 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by akash08 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 am

IndiMarshall wrote:with so many posts on citizenship process for kids born in India on a daily basis...This post deserves to be pinned for the excellent indetail information ..

Amber can u look into this pls :?:
I do not agree. This post mentions a huge list of documents which are redundant and unnecessary and will create confusion in those people's mind who not necessarily have them.

You do not want to tell people that send every piece of document you can find while applying for British Passport?

The examples are:

4. Father's and mother's OCI Card
5. Father’s and mother’s UK driving license - permanent or provisional (only the card was sufficient)
6. Father’s and Mother’s UK NI number card

2. Letter from my wife’s parents explaining my wife’s stay with them for maternity. We also submitted a copy of her air ticket with which she had travelled to India at 32nd week –just to further evidence the case.

Birth certificate issued by the hospital where the birth took place
3. Baptism certificate (where the naming took place) – This is not mandatory in my opinion as it’s down to people’s customs

e. Maternity records (UK NHS):

As my wife was living in the UK up until week 32, we had an NHS file which had her appointment letters, scan reports, blood reports etc. We made a whole copy of this and submitted it to VFS

f. Maternity records (India):

This file included all the maternity records from the hospital in India where my wife delivered the baby. This also included a few bills, discharge summary, and other scan reports.

Mother’s maternity benefits letter given by her employer
4. Any other employment related documents of both the parents
5. P60’s of both the parents (x2)

Chaitra
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:00 am

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by Chaitra » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:05 am

Hi,
Is there any update on this application? Even we have applied for our baby girl passport following your post. Please do keep us informed. Thanks a lot for your guidance. It's very helpful.

Thanks,
Chaitra

hemachandra
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:51 am

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by hemachandra » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Thanks Manatee for detailed post, we are also in the same boat as yourself and planning to apply for our baby UK passport from India in the coming weeks. Glad that they have changed rule where by we no longer require to submit original passport with application.

Happy to go through your post which includes the detailed documents list and process, thanks again.
Please keep us informed about progress, likewise once we apply we will update this post.

hemachandra
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:51 am

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by hemachandra » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:41 am

darsh24 wrote:
Thank you very much.

I have one query regarding address.

Which address to write in the form for baby's current address?
In the guidance, it says 'address where you live'.

Is it UK address or my parents indian address where I am living with the baby now? Indian address was provided for birth certificate as well.

It should be India Address as the baby is currently living there.

sojan
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by sojan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:11 am

thanks Manatee for the well written post. Much helpful.
All the best for your application

The only query from my side.. Was it better for your wife to apply alone? Were u able to give your passport original or will VFS return your passport back as you need to travel back to work?

sandeep_195
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:48 am

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by sandeep_195 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:29 am

Hi Manatee

Was just browsing internet to find information and saw yours which is really nice.

In fact I have applied for my childs passport exactly during the same time as yours with almost all the documents you mentioned.

Kindly keep us updated on the progress as its most than 12 weeks now, shall we call Liverpool office to get an update or you reckon we need to wait till the end of 16 weeks.

Kindly confirm and will act accoirdingly.

joseprithvi
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by joseprithvi » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:39 pm

I just to want to clarify one point on submission of parent's British passport copy.

If both parents are physically present at the time of application then I believe photocopies are enough as VFS will validate them based on original passport and return the original passport.

But if one of the parents are in UK and cannot be physically present at the time of submission of application then they have to send their original passport (obviously not possible) OR need to send every page of passport photocopied in colour and attested by UK solicitor.

I think this is how it works.

Raj

joseprithvi
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by joseprithvi » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi Huma,

Could you please explain the ROA process?
H_manatee wrote:Not really sure. I was under the impression that ROA is only for those candidates whose parents were born in the UK. https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/commonwealth-citizens

We (i.e. parents of the baby) weren't born in the UK, instead are naturalised citizens.

Again I could be wrong but the option we have gone for seems ok for us. Hope they are not going to take forever.

reddy009
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by reddy009 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:34 pm

has any one got idea about getting exit permit?

shakil.saif79
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:40 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by shakil.saif79 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:14 pm

I am thinking to apply for first British passport for my children born and living in Pakistan.

I got citizenship after naturalisation and i am currently in the UK. My children born after i received citizenship. My wife and children are living in Pakistan and have Pakistani passports.

A- Can i apply British passports for my children directly in Pakistan. if yes, do i have to be in Pakistan or wife can sign the declaration and apply.

B- How can I pay Fee while being in the UK as i think we cannot pay in CASH at VFS centres?

C- Do i need to submit my original passport, naturalisation certificate, salary slips, employment letter and bank statements along with application in pakistan OR colour photocopies will be enough OR can i forward these documents in liverpool office (original or copies)?

D- Will liverpool office return my original documents soon. I am also planning to visit my family in March.

E- How long this whole process will take.


Humma, can you please also advise on how to obtain right of abode certificate in pakistan and what are the requirements. Any links or references will be much appreciated.

A quick reply will be much appreciated. Thanking you all for your help, guidance and support.:)

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 30422
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:11 am

Have you tried using the above link?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kumar1980
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by kumar1980 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi manatee
i have been following this forum to apply my baby first British passport this post from you is the best description
and i want to know which form should we use (OS form or C2 form)
many thanks
kumar

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 30422
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:23 pm

H_manatee wrote:Not really sure. I was under the impression that ROA is only for those candidates whose parents were born in the UK. https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/commonwealth-citizens
That's incorrect. Child being British is sufficient for RoA.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 30422
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:27 pm

kumar1980 wrote:Hi manatee
i have been following this forum to apply my baby first British passport this post from you is the best description
and i want to know which form should we use (OS form or C2 form)
many thanks
kumar
Use the form that is specified in the link.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kumar1980
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by kumar1980 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:20 pm

Hi thanks for your reply and i found the application form which i assume its form OS
and need a one more favor im trying to book an appointment to apply application
the following website https://visa4uk.fco.gov.uk is not allowing me to book an appointment
which appointment i need to book
please guide me
many thanks
kumar

Locked
cron