ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for child born in UK for parent with ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vic_msn
Australia

British passport for child born in UK for parent with ILR

Post by vic_msn » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:34 pm

I am trying to apply for a British passport for my child born in the UK, I (father) have ILR but haven't applied for British passport yet. My wife doesn't have ILR and is on a dependant visa.
I am trying to apply for a British passport for my child but it is asking for grandparent details(who aren't British) and is asking me to send in their birth/marriage certificates.
Is it required to furnish the grandparents details? I am not sure if they have those documents and how relevant would it be.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British passport for child born in UK for parent with ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:39 pm

vic_msn wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:34 pm
I am trying to apply for a British passport for my child born in the UK, I (father) have ILR but haven't applied for British passport yet. My wife doesn't have ILR and is on a dependant visa.
I am trying to apply for a British passport for my child but it is asking for grandparent details(who aren't British) and is asking me to send in their birth/marriage certificates.
Is it required to furnish the grandparents details? I am not sure if they have those documents and how relevant would it be.

Thanks
Application caters for all types of nationality pathways - in your case (as child born in the UK after you acquired ILR) all that is required is your BRP card dated before child was born and child's birth certificate. Ignore requirement for parents/grandparents documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.