ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for my 20 days child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

British passport for my 20 days child

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:28 pm

I am an indefinite leave to remain holder (since 2018) and my wife is on a spouse visa.

My baby was born 3 weeks ago in the UK. What form should i use to apply for a British passport for him?
Any links please..........

I have tried to follow the forum and heared about the MN1 form, but this form is to register the child as British citizen. My understanding is that the child is automatically British if one of the parents is an ILR holder and is born in the UK.

If someone could tell me what form to use and apply that would be much appreciated.

Please advice....

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British passport for my 20 days child

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:31 pm

Alz3eem2018 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:28 pm
I am an indefinite leave to remain holder (since 2018) and my wife is on a spouse visa.

My baby was born 3 weeks ago in the UK. What form should i use to apply for a British passport for him?
Any links please..........

I have tried to follow the forum and heared about the MN1 form, but this form is to register the child as British citizen. My understanding is that the child is automatically British if one of the parents is an ILR holder and is born in the UK.

If someone could tell me what form to use and apply that would be much appreciated.

Please advice....
Correct. All you have to do is apply for a British Passport online is better.

You will need to send required Original docs with the child application.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:57 am

So your saying all this MN1 form is not applicable to my child and just need to apply for the child's passport via the link.

Can i apply for his passport online. and how would i go with enclosing references

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:05 am

Alz3eem2018 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:57 am
So your saying all this MN1 form is not applicable to my child and just need to apply for the child's passport via the link.

Can i apply for his passport online. and how would i go with enclosing references
Yes and Yes. The online process will tell you what to do etc re referee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:03 am

Alz3eem2018 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:57 am

You dont have to enclose any referees now. You have to nominate one referee who can confirm identity of your child. As CR001 said, the form will tell you what to do. If you read the link posted its quite clear.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:55 pm

thanks both...