ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jazzie
Newly Registered

British passport

Post by Jazzie » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:29 am

Hi, my husband been naturalised and applied for british passport.He came here illegally and applied for aslyum 25yrs ago. They wrote a letter telling him to send the passport he used to enter uk. He doesn't have it nor can he get one from his country. Please advise

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British passport

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:20 pm

Jazzie wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:29 am
Hi, my husband been naturalised and applied for british passport.He came here illegally and applied for aslyum 25yrs ago. They wrote a letter telling him to send the passport he used to enter uk. He doesn't have it nor can he get one from his country. Please advise
What document was provided for the naturalisation, to confirm his identity?
That should be submitted to HMPO with an explanation of the situation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Jazzie
Newly Registered

Post by Jazzie » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:48 am

Just a BRP card and driving license. No passport

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:40 am

Jazzie wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:48 am
Just a BRP card and driving license. No passport
You'll have to explain to HMPO that you don't have a previous passport and point out what you have provided for naturalisation. If you don't have it you can't provide it. HMPO want to ensure that there are no other passports in use or uncancelled that may show a different name, i.e. avoiding multiple identities.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Jazzie
Newly Registered

Post by Jazzie » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Thank , and also thank all the advisors in this forum. I have followed you for a while, brilliant job helping people like me who have rely on your advice. We appreciate your work

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Jazzie wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm
Thank , and also thank all the advisors in this forum. I have followed you for a while, brilliant job helping people like me who have rely on your advice. We appreciate your work
You are welcome - please post in this thread if you have further queries.