ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cabin Crew 5 year travel history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

luanalupu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Cabin Crew 5 year travel history

Post by luanalupu » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:53 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please help me. I’ve worked for an airline for 4 out of my 5 year travel history that I need to disclose on my citizenship application but unfortunately the airline I worked for no longer exists. How will I be able to find out every flight I’ve done? I have seen other posts saying to ask the HO for this information but we didn’t ever really scan our passports. We usually used a staff channel and scanned our pass.
Is there any hope for me :cry:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Cabin Crew 5 year travel history

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:52 pm

This could possibly be clarified in the cover letter but do you meet the residence requirements?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf
Page 13 onwards.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

luanalupu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by luanalupu » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:23 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:52 pm
This could possibly be clarified in the cover letter but do you meet the residence requirements?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf
Page 13 onwards.

Hi, yes I meet all the requirements apart from the 450 days. It will definitely be more than that but unfortunately I can’t find this information out. So do you think I could possibly put all my holidays and explain the situation on my cover letter? Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:07 pm

If you do not meet the 450 days absence limit, then you do not meet the residence requirements. However, HO possibly applies discretion if absences are "unavoidable consequences of your work.” Note, it is still at discretion.

Also, you must meet the physical presence in UK at the start of the qualifying period. For example if you apply on 21/4/2021, you must be in UK on 22/4/2016.

If you read the guidance as stated above, you can read about the absence requirements and the cases where HO applies discretion.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.