ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can any one sign for the passport on delivery???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gkskumar12

Can any one sign for the passport on delivery???

Post by gkskumar12 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi

I just had my passport interview yesterday at London office and today i will be away from home for the next 1 week for work reasons.
Can any one in my house collect the passport on delivery or what i have to do?
Please advise

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:52 pm

If they are family members yes but only if they show proof of your ID . IPS is very strict on passports and rightly so , but in your case , it depends if you live in a house or not . If its a house with one main door , they might allow a family member to sign for it but again , its 50-50 . They might just say when you return , then re book for re delivery .

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm

If you live in a house and the courier thinks your mail box is secure enough (no idea how they decide on that), he might just pop it through without a signature.

sonrak
Newly Registered

Post by sonrak » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:22 pm

I found mine dropped inside through the door in the morning.