ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can credit default affect Naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jko
Newly Registered

Can credit default affect Naturalisation?

Post by jko » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:05 am

I was granted ILR in September 4, 2009 based on long residence (14yrs) after my application was with the home office for 3yr. I am due to apply for naturalisation in September, 2012. (My wife aquired her british citizenship in 2007) During the 3yrs that it took the home office to approved my application, I lost my job and was unable to pay my credit card bills because of this, I have default on my credit history.
Will the default affect my application for naturalisation when I apply in September?

dezialien
Newly Registered

Re: Can credit default affect Naturalisation?

Post by dezialien » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:47 pm

jko wrote:I was granted ILR in September 4, 2009 based on long residence (14yrs) after my application was with the home office for 3yr. I am due to apply for naturalisation in September, 2012. (My wife aquired her british citizenship in 2007) During the 3yrs that it took the home office to approved my application, I lost my job and was unable to pay my credit card bills because of this, I have default on my credit history.
Will the default affect my application for naturalisation when I apply in September?
I am waiting for a response to the same. Hope someone knows the answer to this.

perm55
Newly Registered

Post by perm55 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:25 pm

I had default from 3 different credit cards from my study time... they were in my credit history however i got my naturalisation and british passport without having any problem. So do not worry about default.

jko
Newly Registered

Post by jko » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:33 pm

perm55 wrote:I had default from 3 different credit cards from my study time... they were in my credit history however i got my naturalisation and british passport without having any problem. So do not worry about default.
Thanks for your reply. Did you get approval recently, or it was a long time ago? Because default comes off your credit history after six years.

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Hi I had recently applied for my naturalisation I had few defaults on credit report but there was no problem I have got a British passport now so don't worry.

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:14 pm

sonya24 wrote:Hi I had recently applied for my naturalisation I had few defaults on credit report but there was no problem I have got a British passport now so don't worry.
Could you please confirm if you declare these on the form

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:47 pm

No because I didn't have any Ccjs there were some defaults only you dont need to declare that.

damidamz
Newly Registered

Post by damidamz » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:01 pm

your gone be fine if you apply. home office don't check credit history so you don't need to declare it. i got default on my application and it was successful

jko
Newly Registered

Post by jko » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:33 pm

[quote="sonya24"]No because I didn't have any Ccjs there were some defaults only you dont need to declare that.[/quote

Thanks Sonya24 for your reply. It put my mind to rest. I only have one default and no ccj. But because I am currently studying fulltime, the bursary is very small and money is tight, therefore I am unable to clear the debt. I should be able to send off my application in September,2012 then.