ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply from UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krishnam
Newly Registered

Can I apply from UK

Post by krishnam » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:25 am

I am originally from India but got a British passport.

My wife got Indefinite Leave to Remain. She got pregnant in the UK but went to India for baby birth. She delivered baby Feb 5th. Now we would like to apply for her British passport.

From where I have to apply. Can I apply from UK or do I have to apply from I dis VFS?

What documents are required?

Many thanks
Krishna

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Can I apply from UK

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:58 am

Hello

She needs to apply for Citizenship first. Then only she can apply for British passport with HMPO. But it's 2 different things really.

If she already went through the citizenship and has a citizenship certificate, it's possible to apply for a passport even from abroad.

If she wants to apply for British citizenship, I don't recommend she does it from abroad.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply from UK

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:03 am

The op is asking about the newborn child who is British by descent not the wife on ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.