ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I use notes during the passport interview?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

johnvfc
Newly Registered

Can I use notes during the passport interview?

Post by johnvfc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if I could bring and use notes during the passport interview. Am I allowed to do that?

I can't remember all dates by hard. I have sent dates of birth/marriage/city of my parents and my grandparents with my application and is not easy to remember all this information.

Would it be acceptable if bring the photocopied application with me or no?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:50 pm

You'll be expected to know the answers without referring to notes. As the interview is to check your identity by asking personal questions only you would be expected to know, it would defeat the object if anyone could attend the interview with the information written down!

johnvfc
Newly Registered

Post by johnvfc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks for the answer but I still don't understand how the interview is to check my identity by asking personal questions only I expected to know.

Theoretically if somebody has access to my application he can learn all this information by hard and answer the questions (at least those regarding the application).

So it would not make any difference whether someone had notes with him or no during the interview.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:09 am

They combine your application with other information (like, I'm assuming based on my wife's questions) the electoral register.

She got random questions about who was living at our new house before us (which wasn't on the application form).

avjones
Diamond Member

Re: Can I use notes during the passport interview?

Post by avjones » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:11 am

johnvfc wrote: I can't remember all dates by hard. I have sent dates of birth/marriage/city of my parents and my grandparents with my application and is not easy to remember all this information.
Come off it, it's not that hard to learn!

I'm pretty sure I know all of those for my own parents and grandparents, and I've never tried to learn it.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

johnvfc
Newly Registered

Post by johnvfc » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:55 am

Ok I guess I have to start memorising :)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:34 am

lkpone

Re: Can I use notes during the passport interview?

Post by lkpone » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:49 pm

avjones wrote:Come off it, it's not that hard to learn!

I'm pretty sure I know all of those for my own parents and grandparents, and I've never tried to learn it.
I've never known my grandparents, all 4 had died before I was born, so I don't have a clue of their birth dates - couldn't even guess them if I tried to right now - so it's not necessarily something that everybody knows offhand. :?

But you're right in saying that it's not hard to learn for an interview. :)

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:10 pm

If you haven't included them in any visa/passport application you've made, the interviewer won't have access to them either, so will be unlikely to include this in the questions.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Well i have been advised on this forum that I do not have to include my grand parents details if i dont know them as i am naturalised citizen, So i would not expect to answer any questions related to that?
Magsi

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Exactly what I'm saying....but it doesn't mean the rest of the questions can be answered from a 'crib' sheet.