ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can IT consultant be a referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Can IT consultant be a referee

Post by Sapphire2491 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:53 pm

Hello,

Can an IT consultant who is a senior software engineer be a referee? I read in one of the posts here that engineers have to be registered with a regulatory body but software engineers have no regulatory body.

Thank you in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Can IT consultant be a referee

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 08, 2021 8:18 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf

Page 25.

Engineer (with professional qualifications).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Fee for children

Post by Sapphire2491 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:26 pm

Thank you for your previous reply.

Can you please guide me. Is the fee for a child the same as the naturalization fee of £1330

for a child who is included in a parent's naturalization application. The child was not born in the UK.

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 10, 2021 5:31 pm

£1012 plus £19.20 biometrics fee.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Sapphire2491 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 am

Thank you for your previous answer. I am very grateful for your help. I have another query if you can please guide

Is it possible for the same person to be a referee for me as well as be a referee for both children applying with me? (First referee)

They both are in the same school, so they will have the same second referee (Headteacher). Is that OK?

Kind regards and thank you for your time.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 11, 2021 1:37 pm

You can use the same referee (headmaster) for yourself and children. In case of children one referee has to be engaged with the children in a professional capacity. You can ask the same headmaster to provide a referee for yourself also. No issues.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Sapphire2491 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:28 pm

Hi Admin,

In a really bizarre turn of events, the headteacher has completely refused to be a referee saying that due to the high level of personal information required he is unable to help with this.

Who else can be their professional referee? The 16-year-old has other options as she's been involved in other activities and we might find someone for her for the professional reference but the 11-year-old only ever goes to school and has never been seen by the GP. I haven't a clue who to ask now. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Sapphire2491 » Sun May 16, 2021 2:35 pm

Update:
I have now asked the GP, the dentist, the school teachers (2 who have known him 3 years - very hard to reach as headteacher refused to allow access on phone/official email). There is no social worker or health visitor involved. No luck. This part is looking harder than ever.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Add a cover letter and explain the same that you tried your best but the referees refused to share their personal details. Arrange referees as per the adult criteria for children also. It should be okay. HO will write to you in case they want you to arrange another referee (for children) which is very unlikely.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Sapphire2491 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:43 pm

Hi Admin, Thank you, I will do as you have advised. Many thanks for this solution

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Sapphire2491 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:56 pm

Hi, I'm still waiting on referee information so I cannot progress further but in preparation for further requirements on the application I wanted to ask are these the only documents required for children, who were not born in UK and who followed the Tier 2 dependents route:

1. passports
2. ILR BRP
3. signed referee documents x 2

Thank you for your time and help. It is hugely appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 16, 2021 8:29 pm

Sapphire2491 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:43 pm
Hi Admin, Thank you, I will do as you have advised. Many thanks for this solution
Page 10:
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf

Cover letter with an explanation should be enough.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Sun May 16, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 16, 2021 8:30 pm

Sapphire2491 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:56 pm
Hi, I'm still waiting on referee information so I cannot progress further but in preparation for further requirements on the application I wanted to ask are these the only documents required for children, who were not born in UK and who followed the Tier 2 dependents route:

1. passports
2. ILR BRP
3. signed referee documents x 2

Thank you for your time and help. It is hugely appreciated.
You can always proceed with dummy details. You can save/edit the form before submission. You can edit as many times you like.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Sapphire2491 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:22 am

:) I didn't know that. Thank you.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Sapphire2491 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi Admin,

Can you please guide me. At the end of my application was a long list of documents I have to provide. One of them is:

A letter of consent from Miss XYZ's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)

1. What exactly is written in this letter and does it matter if one parent provides it or it's better that both do it? Can it be one letter signed by both parents?

2. Does it matter that I am applying for our naturalization but the children's father is out of UK till early September? His citizenship ceremony is booked for the end of September

Thank you for your time and help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 20, 2021 9:08 pm

Consent to the application:

Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Email:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Email:
1) Both parent(s) will sign in this case.
2) No. It is irrelevant.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Sapphire2491 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:27 am

Thank you very much. Hugely grateful for your help.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Sapphire2491 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:45 am

Hello Admin, sorry I keep bothering you.

1. I'm confused about the children's passports. Their current passports do not cover the 5 years of UK residence as they have been renewed recently time, so no stamps in them. Do I provide the current scanned cover to cover as well as previous ones that cover the last 5 years?

2. My daughter's name on her birth certificate has an "h" at the end of her name. In her passport, her first name ends with an "a" -- name ending ma vs name ending mah. example fatima vs fatimah. This birth certificate has been used previously to support her HSMP tier 1 dependent application and also for 2 separate Schengen visa applications etc with no issues but I'm wondering is it worthwhile having it sorted at some point now.

Many thanks.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Documents to be uploaded

Post by Sapphire2491 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:03 am

Hi,
I need some help, please. I am now uploading our documents.

1. Some documents are overlapping so for example for these 3, proof of parental responsibility for mum and proof of parental responsibility for dad and birth certificate, we only have one document that is the birth certificate, so I'm uploading it once. Is that ok? Do I need to specify this is a cover letter?

2. For children do I need to upload all previous passport scans or just the passports covering the last 5 years for children or should I just put the current passport only?

3. Is it OK to put coloured scans. they are all under 6MB

4. I have only one passport that covers the last 5 years of travel history. Do I need to put in previous passports?

Thank you for your help. It's an absolute lifeline :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Documents to be uploaded

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:41 am

Sapphire2491 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:03 am
Hi,
I need some help, please. I am now uploading our documents.

1. Some documents are overlapping so for example for these 3, proof of parental responsibility for mum and proof of parental responsibility for dad and birth certificate, we only have one document that is the birth certificate, so I'm uploading it once. Is that ok? Do I need to specify this is a cover letter?
No

2. For children do I need to upload all previous passport scans or just the passports covering the last 5 years for children or should I just put the current passport only?
Current passport is enough

3. Is it OK to put coloured scans. they are all under 6MB
Yes. Colour is better.

4. I have only one passport that covers the last 5 years of travel history. Do I need to put in previous passports?
No

Thank you for your help. It's an absolute lifeline :)
My daughter's name on her birth certificate has an "h" at the end of her name. In her passport, her first name ends with an "a" --
Make sure you mention the name in the online form as on the passport.

Sapphire2491
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Sapphire2491 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:09 am

Hi, thank you for all your help so far, I have now submitted the application and the biometrics for myself and the registration application of 2 children.

We have received an EMA-education maintenance allowance application letter, from our council (in Scotland) for my 16-year-old who is continuing in high school, saying she is eligible to apply for it. My question is that my personal income is under the 26,884£ threshold and the children's father has gone abroad since April 2021 for treatments and is not earning (been on sick leave without pay for nearly a year and unlikely to return before September 2021 ( his citizenship ceremony will be in Sept). There appears to be no possibility of an increase in household income in the foreseeable future as he is too unwell to rejoin work even after returning. Would applying for EMA affect my daughter's citizenship registration application or my naturalization application?

Kind regards and thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:10 am

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.