ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancelled passport at UKVCAS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

grreg

Cancelled passport at UKVCAS appointment

Post by grreg » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:07 am

We have a UKVCAS appointment booked and coming soon.

I understand we need to take identity documents with us to the appointment.

I applied for my 9yo son's Australian passport to be renewed months ago but they have major delays in processing times. I am worried his new passport will not arrive before our appointment.

When I applied for the new passport the Australian embassy cut his current passport through the machine readable code on the photo page, so it is no longer usable.

He does have a BRP card issued by the HO, showing his ILR.

Will the UKVCAS team accept his BRP as proof of identity or will they want to see the cancelled passport too?
I am wondering if they will consider this a valid form of ID.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Cancelled passport at UKVCAS appointment

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:46 am

UKVI does accept applications with expired passports (or even no passports) for both children and adults, UKVCAS process the biometrics and documents.
I would take both BRP and old passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hattrick71
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Cancelled passport at UKVCAS appointment

Post by hattrick71 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:39 pm

I think you will be fine with the BRP and expired passport. When I had my my UKVCAS recently I observed my international passport was not even checked at all . I was only asked to show my BRP