ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

caution For stealing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tommyt
Newly Registered

caution For stealing

Post by tommyt » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi.

I am married with five children with my youngest being 5 years old. My husband Is in fulltime employment. I have Naver claimed Any benefits. I Am a stay At Home mom looking after my Children.

2003 I came to uk on spouse visa
2005 i was granted settlement permit with ILR
2009 or 2010 or 2011 I was stopped leaving a Store when The store alarm went Off. And the security guard found alcahol In The childrens pram. As a result i Was taken to Police station where The Police Officer said i had a choice, i Could either accept The warning or go to court. I Was scared And afraid so i accepted. I cant explain How The items got into The pram other than say " I didnt put them there". I dont drink, My husband dosnt drink.

2018 life in uk pass
2018 b1 english pass
SAR from police pending

I was planning on applying for nationality, now I am not sure anymore due the police warning.

My question Is what impact will The warning have on My application. Regardless Of what i say my police record would say theft, which Is not Good character. Should I attempt To explain The cercumstances or just declare and hope for the best?

The fee for nationality is 1300, I'f my application Is likley to be refused I would rather not apply and save the money for my family.

Thanks In advance

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: caution For stealing

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:46 pm

Hello

As the caution happened long time ago, it shouldn't affect your citizenship application.

However, please do declare it.

tommyt
Newly Registered

Post by tommyt » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:26 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:46 pm
Hello

As the caution happened long time ago, it shouldn't affect your citizenship application.

However, please do declare it.

Thankyou for replying.

Cool321
Newly Registered

Post by Cool321 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:07 pm

Hi caution records stays on Police national computer , plz declare that, but as it was in 2010 or 2011 it will not have a bad impact on your application .

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:27 pm

A police caution issued 3+ years ago is not gonna be an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tommyt
Newly Registered

Post by tommyt » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Thankyou all for your replies. I will apply once the SAR comes through, that will give me the exact date of the caution.

Last week, before I stumbled on to this forum, I emailed a solicitor who was advertising on facebook.
I emailed him exactly what I asked on the forum. Today i got a reply from him....

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately you enquiry goes beyond a general enquiry and thus the best I would advise is for your to book and pay for a full consultation as we would need time to review your back ground and some of the paperwork to advice you accordingly

Best Regards,"

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:54 pm

Instead of contacting solicitors and creating more confusion for yourself, spend some time to read the Good Character guidance from Home Office that tells you exactly how cautions will affect your application :?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tommyt
Newly Registered

Post by tommyt » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:22 am

Hi All.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

SAR finally came through from the Arco.

It states that a caution was isuued in 2011 and an offence count of 3. There are 3 crime reference numbers but only one caution reference.

Does this count as a single caution?

Thanks In advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Caution in 2011 should have no effect

LondonAndTheLady
Newly Registered

Post by LondonAndTheLady » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:45 pm

tommyt wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:01 pm
Hi.

I am married with five children with my youngest being 5 years old. My husband Is in fulltime employment. I have Naver claimed Any benefits. I Am a stay At Home mom looking after my Children.

2003 I came to uk on spouse visa
2005 i was granted settlement permit with ILR
2009 or 2010 or 2011 I was stopped leaving a Store when The store alarm went Off. And the security guard found alcahol In The childrens pram. As a result i Was taken to Police station where The Police Officer said i had a choice, i Could either accept The warning or go to court. I Was scared And afraid so i accepted. I cant explain How The items got into The pram other than say " I didnt put them there". I dont drink, My husband dosnt drink.

2018 life in uk pass
2018 b1 english pass
SAR from police pending

I was planning on applying for nationality, now I am not sure anymore due the police warning.

My question Is what impact will The warning have on My application. Regardless Of what i say my police record would say theft, which Is not Good character. Should I attempt To explain The cercumstances or just declare and hope for the best?

The fee for nationality is 1300, I'f my application Is likley to be refused I would rather not apply and save the money for my family.

Thanks In advance
I arrived on a spouse visa in 2001, was granted settlement permit with ILR in 2003, got a caution for stealing in 2005, which I declared on my naturalisation application at the end of August 2019. I applied online without the help of a solicitor, and I got my approval letter 2 months and 2 days after applying. I am now a British Citizen.

Whatever you do, make sure you declare the caution on your application. It was more than 3 years ago, so will not negatively impact your application. If you lie and they find out (which they will) you will be banned from getting naturalised for another 10 years.

I hope this helps put your mind at ease. Good luck with your application!