ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCJs and citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JohnsonJohnson
Newly Registered

CCJs and citizenship

Post by JohnsonJohnson » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:50 pm

I can't find an answer to this issue anywhere - please help!

Does anybody know anyone who has applied for citizenship and has a credit card CCJ ?

Please post only answers from personal experience, I have seen the guidelines and all the info on the UKBA site and there is no clear answer. Has anyone actually done this? Stated they have a CCJ and still received their citizenship (or been refused)?

Thanks!!!

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: CCJs and citizenship

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:39 pm

JohnsonJohnson wrote:I can't find an answer to this issue anywhere - please help!

Does anybody know anyone who has applied for citizenship and has a credit card CCJ ?

Please post only answers from personal experience, I have seen the guidelines and all the info on the UKBA site and there is no clear answer. Has anyone actually done this? Stated they have a CCJ and still received their citizenship (or Regarbeen refused)?

Thanks!!!
Johnson,

I have just got mine approved. I had some CCJ's against me. However, as soon as I found out I setup a payment plan with them and started paying it off. You have to declare it on your form and expalin why it happened and what have you done about it.

That is what I did and got it approved. Honesty is the key to success.

Regards
KESH

JohnsonJohnson
Newly Registered

Re: CCJs and citizenship

Post by JohnsonJohnson » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:13 pm

keshgrover wrote:
JohnsonJohnson wrote:I can't find an answer to this issue anywhere - please help!

Please post only answers from personal experience, I have seen the guidelines and all the info on the UKBA site and there is no clear answer. Has anyone actually done this? Stated they have a CCJ and still received their citizenship (or Regarbeen refused)?

Thanks!!!
Johnson,

I have just got mine approved. I had some CCJ's against me. However, as soon as I found out I setup a payment plan with them and started paying it off. You have to declare it on your form and expalin why it happened and what have you done about it.

That is what I did and got it approved. Honesty is the key to success.

Regards
Thank you so much, that really helps!!!