ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fikys
Newly Registered

Ceremony queries

Post by fikys » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:35 am

Hi, I had the naturalization approval letter dated 05/07/18 received last week. My understanding is that I need to book the ceremony within 21 days and attend it within 90 days. I have a business trip abroad booked for the second half of August until September 1st. I phoned the council today and they told me that the latest day they can book me in now is August 13th, meaning that I can not have dates in September (after I am back) yet. They suggested to phone them next week to see if the situation changes and dates in September become available.

I have three questions:

1. How the 21 days from the date of the approval letter count? Do they include the date of the letter or start from the next day?

2. If they still don't have any dates in September available next week, will booking a private ceremony likely make a difference and they will be more flexible or I should not really count on that?

3. In the worst situation should I try to explain them that I need to provide the information to them within the 21 days but the actual booking can be done later as soon as it falls within the 90 day period? (I saw several cases like that on this forum).

Thanks!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Ceremony queries

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:46 pm

fikys wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:35 am
Hi, I had the naturalization approval letter dated 05/07/18 received last week. My understanding is that I need to book the ceremony within 21 days and attend it within 90 days. I have a business trip abroad booked for the second half of August until September 1st. I phoned the council today and they told me that the latest day they can book me in now is August 13th, meaning that I can not have dates in September (after I am back) yet. They suggested to phone them next week to see if the situation changes and dates in September become available.

I have three questions:

1. How the 21 days from the date of the approval letter count? Do they include the date of the letter or start from the next day? From the date of the letter.

2. If they still don't have any dates in September available next week, will booking a private ceremony likely make a difference and they will be more flexible or I should not really count on that?

3. In the worst situation should I try to explain them that I need to provide the information to them within the 21 days but the actual booking can be done later as soon as it falls within the 90 day period? (I saw several cases like that on this forum). You may just ask if you can book first (so you can fulfill 21 days rule), but later inform the council that you have to change the date. I believe that they must be able to accommodate. If not, that's something out of your control then just inform HO the 3 months rule can be relaxed.

Thanks!
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.