ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address prior to approval of naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

engineer86
Canada

Change of address prior to approval of naturalisation application

Post by engineer86 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:54 pm

Hi all,
I attended biometrics appointment on 14th January, 2021. Three months on, I'm still awaiting approval of my application. Last week, I moved to a new address. Although I have set up mail redirection to my new address for the next three months, I'm not entirely sure if I need to notify UKVI. Also, since I will be on the electoral register for the new address, can I request for my citizenship ceremony to be conducted by my new local council, instead of the one I had selected in my application?

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks.

leyu
Newly Registered
France

Re: Change of address prior to approval of naturalisation application

Post by leyu » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:08 am

Hi,

I had my biometrics appointment yesterday and mentioned I will be changing address in August. They told me to call them if I haven't received my approval by then.

Call them at: 03007906268