ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waqas123

Change of address

Post by waqas123 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:07 pm

Hi,
My wife citizenship have been approved on 17th Nov 2020 and ceremony invitation letter sent on 3rd feb 2021. Unfortunately i have to change the address during this process but homeoffice sent letter to old address. Now i have contacted them from last 2 months in regards to send the letter to new address but no success. I have done what they advised me.
1. Changing address on UKBA website
2. UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gov.uk
3. UKVIChangeofAddressTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk
4. Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk.
5.Contact MP (MP is chasing for me)

Also i have spoken to then more than 15 times in 2 months. Some time they gave 20 days wait than 5 days etc etc. Today their rep told me to email complaints section as escalation is only going to the section where they can escalate so i can get on my old address. Can someone have an idea who should i contact now. Your help will be really appreciated.
Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Change of address

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:41 pm

You should have simply contacted the local council at your old address and attended the ceremony there. Getting the address changed with HO takes a long time. You can only wait and be patient now.

Follow:
british-citizenship/citizenship-ceremon ... 99323.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

waqas123

Post by waqas123 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:30 pm

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately council will not do ceremony without the letter send by home office. Thats why i want them to send me a ceremony letter to my new address.

Regards

artewad4335
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by artewad4335 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:03 pm

Good evening,

I'm in the exact same situation. Have you managed to sort this issue out? If so, may i please ask how did you fix it? Help would be much appreciated.

Regards