ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of name spelling on British passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

b1c
Newly Registered

change of name spelling on British passport application

Post by b1c » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:31 pm

I want to apply for a British passport (first application) but I want the spelling of my surname to be slightly different from how it appears on both my certificate of naturalization when I was given the British citizenship and my EU passport.
The difference is a minor one, change of a letter only. For example from Nikolas to Nicolas, ie the -k becomes -c. Same sound but different letter.

Does anyone know how to do this please?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: change of name spelling on British passport application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:15 pm

I think it would be best you get your British passport with the name as is per certificate and foreign passport. Then change the name by deed poll and apply for a new British passport. HMPO insist that your name on the British passport is the same as on certificate and foreign passport. Applying for deed poll and new passport is then a totally separate exercise. https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.