ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Reference after application submission

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krssubbu

Re: British Citizenship Checklist

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:43 am

Sorry to go back on this thread but have a question relating to this

for references:
Is it better to provide two professional references or 1 professional and 1 personal?

I can arrange for two professional references if its going to be advantageous

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:34 am

krssubbu wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:43 am
Sorry to go back on this thread but have a question relating to this

for references:
Is it better to provide two professional references or 1 professional and 1 personal?

I can arrange for two professional references if its going to be advantageous
This is OK provided they know you personally and fulfil all other requirements of age, nationality and good character

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:03 pm

You mean two profesional is ok?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:47 pm

krssubbu wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:03 pm
You mean two profesional is ok?
Referees can both be professional, i/e/ two accountants is fine as long as they meet the requirements or being a referee.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:50 pm

ok thanks

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:14 am

As I start to work on this have more doubts now!

where is the form for referee for me to get it signed by them?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:16 am

krssubbu wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:14 am
As I start to work on this have more doubts now!

where is the form for referee for me to get it signed by them?
It is part of the online form. You complete the details and then print it for them to sign.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:34 am

I see where it askes details but no where to sign? does this option appear after submission?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:09 pm

krssubbu wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:34 am
I see where it askes details but no where to sign? does this option appear after submission?
Yes, you will need to print it off when you get to that point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:29 pm

to clarify the process,

a. I fill the form
b. Get my documents scanned
c. apply online and pay the fee
d. I get reference form which i need to download and get this signed by references?
e. scan the reference form along with the other documents and upload
f. visit nearby library and submit these in hard copy?

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:51 pm

sort of, I assume your are using UKVCAS:

a. I fill the form
c. apply online and pay the fee
b. Get my documents scanned
d. I get reference form which i need to download and get this signed by references?
e. scan the reference form along with the other documents and upload
f. visit nearby library (or wherever your UKVCAS centre is)

no need to hand in the hard copy of the referee forms.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:29 pm

the scanning part and uploading onto home website, does it give me time? for example if i missed out to scan something can i upload it hte next day? another example is reference forms, I cant get the reference from friends and my employer same day, so have to upload it next day or 2 days later - is this ok?

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:13 pm

yes, it's a completely different website and you can upload things as you go along before the appointment. It is only locked when you attend. There is a deadline a few days before if you use the document checking service for an extra fee. It's however not clear what that actually adds over the standard service.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:28 pm

Thanks very much

how much is the document checking service? I am thinking is it worth adding? (or if its just the document i listed then I wont - trying to save money here :) )

Also how long does it take for a standard application fee and cost is £1330?

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:33 pm

I don't know what it adds. I doubt that someone who is qualified in immigration law reviews your application for the 30 GBP they charge so I suspect they look through it and tell you if documents are not legible... I personally do not see the point.

The timeline for the application is hugely variable. I got mine in 4 weeks. Some people have gotten theirs in 2 and some have been waiting 8-10 weeks and other much longer.

I found the most surprising thing that the council is the slowest part of all of it so if you are in a rush brace yourself for needing to pay for a private ceremony and haggling with them to arrange that...

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Great thanks, and if i wanted that £30 option can I opt for it when I visit UKVCAS or does it need to be done at time of application?

Also what is the process after paying for fee? takes you to partner website to upload documents and you book appointment and take originals with you and they refer and give you back?

Also is travel outside of UK allowed during this period as it will be business related for me.

And when you mentioned 4 weeks is this for normal service that charges £1330? and bio-metrics taken same day?

Sorry very tensed due to visa fee!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:57 am

krssubbu wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm
Great thanks, and if i wanted that £30 option can I opt for it when I visit UKVCAS or does it need to be done at time of application?

Also what is the process after paying for fee? takes you to partner website to upload documents and you book appointment and take originals with you and they refer and give you back?

Also is travel outside of UK allowed during this period as it will be business related for me.You are free to travel for any purpose.

And when you mentioned 4 weeks is this for normal service that charges £1330? and bio-metrics taken same day? That is the application fee, it could take as little as 4 weeks up to a few months - processing is by UKVI not UKVCAS.

Sorry very tensed due to visa fee! You are not applying for a visa! But everyone gets tense at this stage.
I am not familiar with the other points. PS. Originals will be returned at the appointment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:01 am

you can book the scanning and checking service at any time. I think you need to have uploaded your documents 3 days prior to the appointment for them to be checked.

After you have paid you will go to the Sopra Steria website to book your appointment and any of the additional things. You can then upload the documents at any point prior to your appointment. They do not want to see your originals at the appointments but I would take them just in case as they will offer to rescan anything that they feel is not clear enough on the day.
You HAVE to have any of your mandatory documents (you will get a home office checklist with these) as these will be rescanned regardless of if you scanned them already.

You can travel as you wish.

Yes, its for the normal charge. I went to a free appointment as this was the most convenient. And your application will only fully be submitted once you attend the biometric appointment. You should give yourself some time from submitting to attending for biometrics to ensure you get your referee forms signed and everything scanned etc.

If you are tense then take some extra time in the grand scheme of things missing or incorrect documents are more likely to delay your application than taking an extra 2-3 days to make sure everything is correct.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:49 am

Thanks alterhase58 and hermanthegerman

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:18 pm

Just on the Sopra Steria website to book appointment (https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/checkout)
Myself and my daughter are applying and I see an appointment for the day I want however charges me £120 - is this for 2 applications or 1?

When I go to checkout it does say, does it know from my UKVCAS application is 2? or this £120 is for 1 application and I need to book another for my daughter?

casula
Australia

Post by casula » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi CR001,

Do we need seperate AN application form for husband and wife?

And, seperate MN1 form for each child?

Also, how do we present our photos in the citizenship application? Just scan them and upload them along with other supporting documents?

Thanks & regards

krssubbu

Documetn Upload

Post by krssubbu » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi

I am applying for Citizenshop and applying documents on UKVCAS website, where I see Mandatory and Optional.

For Myself (Adult) - Mandatory is Passport
For Daughter (minor) - Mandatory is Birth Certificate

Rest all optional however it mentions, Finances, Sponsor, Medicaal which aare not asked/required, do I leave this blank and upload documents to "Other" Section?

Also where it says Passort - is it the entire passport inlcuding blank pages?

krssubbu

Re: Documetn Upload

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:56 pm

any thoughts please?

krssubbu

Change of Reference after application submission

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi

is it possible to change referee after application is submitted online but yet to submit the documents in person with the council?

The person who agreed to sign now cant sign because she has submitted her passport for renewal and insists the passport number wont be the same

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Change of Reference after application submission

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 pm

That is not really an issue - referee just states the number of the last passport.