ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Character questionnaire when someone was illegal during the last 10 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Character questionnaire when someone was illegal during the last 10 years

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:08 pm

Hello,

When someone breached UK immigration law within the last 10 years (as being illegally in the UK) and then applies for British citizenship, they sometimes send this questionnaire rather then refusing immediately:

1.What steps did you take to regularise your stay during the period in question?

Please provide copies of any available correspondence

2.Where did you live during this period and who else lived there?

Please provide all addresses in full

3.Who was responsible for paying your accommodation costs (rent, utility bills etc)?

Please provide any available supporting evidence, eg utility bills, tenancy agreements, rent statements, mortgage statements etc

4.When and where did you work during this period?

Please provide evidence eg letters from employers, P60s/P45s, statements of account if self-employed

5.When and where did you study during this period?

Please provide evidence eg letters from colleges, certificates/qualifications

6.What benefits did you receive during this period?

Please provide evidence eg notification or award, schedules of payment

7.Did you receive funds from any other source during this period?

Please provide evidence, eg bank statements, receipts. If supported by partner/family member, original evidence of their ability to fund such support will also be required

8.Is there any other information that you wish to provide that may be relevant to your application and the assessment of your ability to meet the good character requirement?

Some were successful in getting the citizenship after such questionnaire.

The questions they are asking, are they about the entire time where the person was in breach or only the time in breach during the last 10 years.

To clarify:

Assuming someone was illegal between 2004 and 2014 and we are in 2020. These questions, are they about the 4 years between 2010 and 2014 or about the entire duration between 2004 and 2014?

Malikg123

Re: Character questionnaire when someone was illegal during the last 10 years

Post by Malikg123 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:03 pm

Last 10 year from the date you apply.2010
To 2020

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:22 am

Hi There,
As you know i was sent same like those and mine on top of the questionnaire said we want from this date to that date basically the Caseworker counted 10 years and deducted the legal and asked me the illegal so came 2004 was granted 2012 applied 2019 and he wanted only 2010 till 2012.
Hope this helps.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:07 am

BoyTed wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:22 am
Hi There,
As you know i was sent same like those and mine on top of the questionnaire said we want from this date to that date basically the Caseworker counted 10 years and deducted the legal and asked me the illegal so came 2004 was granted 2012 applied 2019 and he wanted only 2010 till 2012.
Hope this helps.
Excellent! Thank you for this valuable input. I am working on an application and as long as they stay within the last 10 years, everything is fine. Because the person was illegal since early 2000 but there is absolutely no document to cover anything.