ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born outside UK to British Parent - Apply for UK Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kasi_somasundaram
Newly Registered
India

Child born outside UK to British Parent - Apply for UK Citizenship

Post by kasi_somasundaram » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:37 pm

Hi ,

I Became British Citizen through Naturalisation in Dec 2017 and my wife is in Spouse dependent Visa. We are expecting our first baby end of this month and she has travelled to home (Malaysia) for Pregnancy

From what i have read My child is eligible for British Citizenship as i have acquired citizenship through Naturalisation but what i am not sure is whether i can apply for British Citizenship and passport for the baby from Malaysia or baby need to get Malaysian nationality/passport first, get UK Visa, Travel to UK and then apply for British Citizenship ?

I was not able to get this info from below source. Any help on this is really appreciated

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-br ... -july-2006

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born outside UK to British Parent - Apply for UK Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:03 pm

Child can apply for British passport directly.

As child will be British citizen by descent, they can't get a visa as a British citizen is not subject to immigration control.

You could apply for a Malaysian passport and then for a certificate of entitlement to right of abode. Then apply for passport when in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.