ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born overseas to. Father had I. L. R

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Johannlondon1979
Newly Registered

child born overseas to. Father had I. L. R

Post by Johannlondon1979 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi. I have posted before.
I would like to know what options do I have for my son to obtain British citizenship or any other suggestions.
I currently have British citizenship but at the time of my sons birth I had I. L. R in the UK.
He was born in South America. Bolivia
December 2007
The mother and I are not together. Mother is Bolivian citizen and so is my son. They currently reside there.
Pls could somebody tell me if there are any options available to me?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: child born overseas to. Father had I. L. R

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:57 pm

He has no automatic path to citizenship based on your status. You holding ILR when he was born abroad is also irrelevant.

If he is under 18, you could try to apply for a child settlement visa, provided you can prove you have sole responsibility with official documentation.

The advice you were already given in 2018 remains exactly the same.

immigration-for-family-members/child-bo ... l#p1590630
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.