ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child British passport for EEA parents exercising treaty of rights

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

greg_london
Newly Registered
France

Child British passport for EEA parents exercising treaty of rights

Post by greg_london » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Hello.

My daughter was born in the UK last July and we finally got her Birth certificate.

I am in the middle of preparing the papers to get her British passport as we have been settled in the UK for more than 5 years. I am French and my wife German.

I have a question concerning the proof for the treaty of rights. I have been working for the past 10 years in the same company and I have only printed copies of my P60. Would this be enough for the application with a letter from my company confirming my employment since 2007 ?

I guess my case is very basic, but I want to be sure it will work :-)

Thanks for your help.
Greg

kamoe

Re: Child British passport for EEA parents exercising treaty of rights

Post by kamoe » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:29 pm

greg_london wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:20 pm
I have been working for the past 10 years in the same company and I have only printed copies of my P60. Would this be enough for the application with a letter from my company confirming my employment since 2007 ?
5 consecutive original P60 will definitely suffice. Not 100% sure if a printout would do, but it's possible. I know of multinational employers who never give physical P60s, only online ones.

Now, if you want to be sure, it won't hurt to take a look at some alternative documents recommended, in the supporting documents section of the guidance notes for the application for a permanent card (which is pretty much the same evidence you need here): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... tes-v3.pdf (Section 9: Relevant EEA national’s activity in the UK, Employment)

For example

If you cannot submit the suggested documents outlined in Annex H then please provide 3 payslips
(monthly or weekly) for each year, ensuring there is no more than a 6 month gap between each
document. Ideally these should include March’s payslip for each year and 2 other payslips no more
than six months apart, or a letter from employer(s) confirming period(s) of employment and annual
earnings.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.