ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child First British Passport-Required Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haadiz

Child First British Passport-Required Documents

Post by Haadiz » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:00 am

Dear Seniors,

I hope all are well?

I have completed online application forms for my two children and the referee has also provided the references. However, since I have passed the first stage and is now time to send relevant documents. The following documents they have asked for but I am not sure if these are enough in our case?

1. naturalisation or registration certificate
2. any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled
3. any court orders (for example that describe parental responsibility or residency arrangements)

Both the parents have ILR and acquired BRP cards. Do we need send them along with the documents or it is not required? What documents to be sent to prove parental responsibility?

My thoughts suggest that they may need only 3 pieces of information, please correct me or otherwise kindly advise

1. Registration Certificate
2. Previous Passports (Do I need to send them all of them or just a most recent one)?
3. Parents Marriage Certificate?

Please advise your support on this matter will be much appreciated.

Thanks

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: Child First British Passport-Required Documents

Post by obormot » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:01 pm

Last January I applied for 11 years old 1st passport (registration, born abroad and applied for BC with a parent; second parent had settled status)
I sent registration certificate + kid's non-UK passports (not all, just 2) - this was all that was required.
But then they asked me to also send them kid's birth certificate.
They did not ask for marriage certificate of the parents though.. (parents are married, no custody/court order issues)
His birth certificate was in English, so I did not need to translate.
In your case, it seems kids were born in UK, so they probably would not ask you for birth certificates.

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:26 pm

Birth certificate showing parent names will prove parental responsibility, in English or original with translation. And a consent letter from the mother is the easiest. If it's a UK birth certificate, send the long one as the short one doesn't have parents' names as I recall.

It's a shame the process doesn't ask for it explicitly. I suspected that so I called passport office and they asked for birth certificate. Then I found a reference on parental responsibility that mother is easy to show, but father has to be married to the mother at time of birth or other cases depending on the date of birth. So, you need marriage certificate if father is consenting.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:10 pm

In my case they only asked for child birth certificate - which had parents' names, but did not mention whether parents were married or not.
They did not ask for anything else - like consent of 2nd parent, or marriage certificate, etc.
My guess is that it might be that if a cild is born in UK then they can easily access birth records; so they might not ask for birth certificate - and that is why it does not appear on the initial list of required documents.