Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

child living abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 6:53 pm

child living abroad

Post by tashcan » Sun May 27, 2018 7:17 pm

My child traveled abroad while applied for british passport but due to emergency we traveled with back home passport. Now she has received her British passport can she come back on births passport?

Second she is living with her mother at the moment is not willing to travel within a year or so, what if her British passport expires in mean time. can she apply for it from there to renew her passport?

Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: child living abroad

Post by vinny » Mon May 28, 2018 12:10 am

Child’s British passport is normally valid for five years.
Extend if expired.
Show both passports at airline’s check-in. Use British passport to enter the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.