ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child MN1 Registrarion Abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Daughter application

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi,

My daughter's Tier 2 dependent visa ends by this February.

I was planning for naturalisation as I got my ILR last October. However due to an emergency situation I traveled to India and planning to return UK by February before her visa ends.

Could anyone please clarify my travel to India will affect her application as it exceeds 90 days ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Daughter application

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:15 pm

Presumably you are asking about registering your daughter as British?? Your post is not clear. There is no absence limit for citizenship for children.

Is she UK born or was she born abroad?? If she was born abroad she requires ilr first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:36 am

Sorry. Below is the current status

Father - obtained ILR ( From TIER 2 GENERAL 5years route)
Mother - TIER 2 DEPENDENT SPOUSE (visa ends by 26th February 2021 )
Daughter- TIER 2 DEPENDENT CHILD (She born in the UK) _ (visa ends by 26th February 2021)

So I was assuming to apply British passport for my daughter and apply an extension for my wife

My query is our recent travel to India is around 120 days. So will this affect her British passport application?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:20 am

If she was born prior to you holding ILR, then she is entitled to register while a minor and subsequently apply for a British passport.
If she was born after you had ILR, then she may apply directly for a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Child citizen application

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:22 am

Hi All,

I got ILR on 30th September 2020 through 5 year TIER 2 route. My daughter who is three years old was born in the UK and has a tier 2 dependent child visa that expires Feb 26 2021. I came to India October 2020 along with my daughter and wife and I will not be able to return to UK before February 2021 end.
Can I apply for my daughter's naturalisation from India. If I can't do this, what Visa do I have to apply for my daughter for her to be eligible to enter the country. Please can some one advise me on the best course of action.

Thanks all for your help

vinny

Re: Child citizen application

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:19 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:25 am

Thanks Vinny for sending the link
However can I apply from India? If that's possible where do I book my child appointment and how will I receive my daughter's naturalisation certificate

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:48 am

Yes. Possible from India. Just try it.

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:36 am

Thanks. But where do I book an appointment? Ukvcas to provide child digital photographs ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:40 am

They will probably ask you to book biometrics appointments at the same places as for visa applicants.

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:16 am

Thanks Vinny. Even I thought the same that they advise us to do biometrics in VISA centre.

However Once I receive her registration certificate can I get her British passport as well in India.

Mainly that is going to be her travel document to enter UK as her visa expired already.

Could you please advise how possible that would be.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:43 am

Yes it is possible to apply for a first British child passport directly in India, but be aware that such an application (just the passport application, not the MN1 application) can take six months to a year when applied from abroad.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:29 pm

Thanks secret Simon for confirming.
That's really long, :cry: can I (her father) apply from UK and get her passport without her physical presence in the UK?

She is only 3years old and I assume there is no biometrics for her.

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:41 pm

I mean make her MN1 application from India and submit her docs and digital photographs here.

Once I get her certificate approved make a passport application from UK without her presence :!:

Am actually out of my mind, thinking every possible way :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:44 pm

I mean make her MN1 application from India and submit her docs and digital photographs here.
No. She has to enroll her biometrics for an MN1 application and would have to do this from abroad. Biometrics is mandatory for all applications.

MN1 registration can also take up to 6 months, sometimes longer. A passport application is separate to this obviously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:00 pm

Hi @CR001 thanks
Do you think the 90days absence rule is not applicable for minor applicants ?
She was born in the UK, Thus She is entitled to register as her father has got ILR after she was born

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:15 pm
Presumably you are asking about registering your daughter as British?? Your post is not clear. There is no absence limit for citizenship for children.

Is she UK born or was she born abroad?? If she was born abroad she requires ilr first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:22 pm

Hi Yes she is UK born. We are registering her (MN1) and subsequently applying for British Citizenship

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:36 pm

I was specifically referring to the red highlight bit of my advice already given to you you in January, and you asked again today about absence limits!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi @CR001 Ya that's right, However after reading MN1 application guide there was a point about 90 day rule waiver for 10years route minor applicants.

That's why wanted to reconfirm. Sorry about that. Thanks again for replying.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:25 pm

Vasanthram prakasam wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:19 pm
Hi @CR001 Ya that's right, However after reading MN1 application guide there was a point about 90 day rule waiver for 10years route minor applicants.

That's why wanted to reconfirm. Sorry about that. Thanks again for replying.
The 10 year route 90 days limit is for a completely different application with different rules for children on Form T who were born and have lived in the UK for 10 years.
There is NO absence limit for MN1 registration
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Child MN1 Registrarion Abroad

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Hi all,
I request your help here to understand the process.

I have applied for registeration of a child under 18 - mn1 (section 1(3)) from abroad (India) by postal, since that was the only option given.

Submitted and paid the fees on 21/07/2021 and sent the documents along with the original passport by post on 25/07/2021

But I neither get an acknowledgement of documents receipt nor about biometric request letter. And now I need my child passport back to travel.
I am afraid if I get missed somewhere. Is this the right process? Highly appreciate your guidance on this.

Thanks