ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child traveling with Ancestral Dependent visa after parents got ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jjnowa
Newly Registered

Child traveling with Ancestral Dependent visa after parents got ILR

Post by jjnowa » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:02 pm

Hello,
I am trying to get an answer to the following:
I have a child who is born in the UK and currently has an Ancestral Dependant visa expiring in 2 years.
Both parents have just applied to ILR and are planning to travel once ILR has been granted.

What we are trying to find out is what status will my child have once we get ILR.
The ancestral dependent visa expiry date is in 2 years but the parent that got Ancestral Visa will have ILR by then.

I know that we can register my child for citizenship as soon as we get ILR which we intend to do but need to know whether the Ancestral Dependant visa is sufficient to travel and if we need to apply for an intermediate visa while waiting for the citizenship application to be processed.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child traveling with Ancestral Dependent visa after parents got ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:07 pm

The child's visa remains valid. Free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.