ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship after 5 years of ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harshitguptaiitr
India

Citizenship after 5 years of ILR

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:27 pm

My Tier-2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa was granted just before 06-Apr-2010 and I came from India to UK in mid-April 2010.
I was not sure if I want ILR, so I did not apply for ILR in 2015.
I then applied for ILR in Sep 2016, which was granted.
I was not sure if I want citizenship, so I did not apply for Citizenship in 2017 or later.

One of my child was born in UK after I got ILR so we got UK passport for them.

My other child was born in India before I got ILR and they have ILR now. My wife also has ILR now.

I have now made up my mind to apply for citizenship, for myself. I have got the following:
- Filled Online Application Form
- Current passport and copy of previous passport
- Life in UK Test Pass Letter (the one I used for ILR in 2016)
- Proof of English language (IELTS, the one I used for ILR in 2016)
- BRP showing my ILR
- UK Driving license confirming my identity and current address
- Proof of residence: Council Tax for current address
- Details of 2x reference
- List of absence from UK (self written)
- Letter from employer confirming current employment status
Can you please advise if I am missing anything?
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship after 5 years of ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:29 pm

You can only use this if the test and test centre is still on the current UKVI approved list.
- UK Driving license confirming my identity and current address
- Proof of residence: Council Tax for current address
- Letter from employer confirming current employment status
None of these are required!!!
- List of absence from UK (self written)
You only need to complete your absences for the last 5 years in the online form. Nothing else.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:29 pm
You can only use this if the test and test centre is still on the current UKVI approved list.
Thanks! Even if I used the IELTS in a previous successful application, it may not be considered if it is no longer on the list? Is it possible to know from where I can get latest list?

One more question please:
If I am doing a volunteer (unpaid work) as a school trustee in addition to my full-time employment, does that need to be declared in the employment details? Since it is related to school, so I have a DBS clear certificate which I am thinking will be beneficial to my application?

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:40 am

One more question please -

My elder daughter (born outside UK/EU/EEA) have ILR for 8 months now.
Can she apply as part of my application or do we need to wait 4 more months prior to her application?
She has done 5+ years in the UK and her age is under 7 years old.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:00 am

Yes she can apply with you, provided the other parent is on ilr or British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:15 am

Thanks for a prompt response!

Mother, Father and Child are on ILR.
Mother and Child have ILR for 8 months now.

So, in this case we will add Child as another applicant in the father application.

For referees:
- Father is planning to use details from 1person from work and Head Teacher from Child school
- Child is planning to use details from Head Teacher from school and another teacher

For English langugae
- The Test provider (IELTS Life Skills B1) and test centre city (Birmingham) and test centre code is still on approved list, but address has changed. The certificate was used in 2016 for successful ILR application

For employment details
- Father has entered details of current employment and not HAD any other work in last 10 years in the UK. However, In question of other work; do I need to provide details that I am a volunteer unpaid Parent Trustee in Child school? Since this is "present" work, I cannot add a END DATE and therefore form will not let me proceed.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:33 pm

Thanks for all the help. I guess my currently outstanding questions are:

- The application both Father and Child applying is AN, correct? As both born outside UK?
- Is the reference list OK as in quote below?
- Can I use English Language IELTS Life Skills B1, per details in quote below?
- What documents we need to provide to prove parental responsibility of the child? Note, document list already mentions birth certificate.
- Is there a template for letter of consent from child's parents?
- Do I need to mention something about being a volunteer unpaid Parent Trustee in Child school? If yes, where?

Thanks again. Really appreciate all the support here.
For referees:
- Father is planning to use details from 1person from work and Head Teacher from Child school
- Child is planning to use details from Head Teacher from school and another teacher

For English langugae
- The Test provider (IELTS Life Skills B1) and test centre city (Birmingham) and test centre code is still on approved list, but address has changed. The certificate was used in 2016 for successful ILR application

For employment details
- Father has entered details of current employment and not HAD any other work in last 10 years in the UK. However, In question of other work; do I need to provide details that I am a volunteer unpaid Parent Trustee in Child school? Since this is "present" work, I cannot add a END DATE and therefore form will not let me proceed.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:25 pm

harshitguptaiitr wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:33 pm
Thanks for all the help. I guess my currently outstanding questions are:

- The application both Father and Child applying is AN, correct? As both born outside UK?
- Is the reference list OK as in quote below?
- What documents we need to provide to prove parental responsibility of the child? Note, document list already mentions birth certificate.
- Is there a template for letter of consent from child's parents?
- Do I need to mention something about being a volunteer unpaid Parent Trustee in Child school? If yes, where?

Thanks again. Really appreciate all the support here.
For referees:

For employment details
Hello,
Thread bump...

Can you please help me on the queries.