ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship after 5 yrs + 1yr (after ILR)- financial status?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

muhammad_s
Newly Registered

Citizenship after 5 yrs + 1yr (after ILR)- financial status?

Post by muhammad_s » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:28 am

Hello,

When applying for citizenship, do they check the current financial status of the applicant? ie payslips for the last year for example, bank statements, etc.
Pls can anyone who recently applied, help.

For the last one year after getting ILR, I don't have much earnings to show because of the recession & job loss.... can this be an issue?

Thanks for your help.

John

Post by John » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:01 am

No, that in itself would not be an issue, and you don't need to supply bank statements. However, and no doubt this does not apply to you, if someone has real financial problems and has CCJs, or is even bankrupt, that could be a problem.
John

muhammad_s
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad_s » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks John.
I 've good earnings for the 5 year period but not much to show just for the last year 1 yr of ILR as I work as a contractor (my own business)... anyways thanks for the reply.

brit2010
Newly Registered

Post by brit2010 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi

I Have a question john do u think Financial CCJ will affect someone to apply for naturalisation forever because I got debt and due to apply for naturalisation I talk to lawyer and said it wont affect naturalisation unless you have criminal record. I would appreciate your help