ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application, still no update

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abelha
Newly Registered

Citizenship application, still no update

Post by abelha » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:18 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife has applied for citizenship back in early Dec 2021. It is coming to 5 months soon and we have not heard anything. We are wondering at what stage should we email them for an update? and what is the correct email?

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks
A

abelha
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship application, still no update

Post by abelha » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:20 pm

To add more details, she completed the 5 year route and has lived in the UK for longer. She currently has ILR.

Mo22
Newly Registered

Post by Mo22 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:13 pm

Hi there,
I have applied too early December I have not got an update, not even an acknowledgement letter that they have received my application just nothing ,it's so annoying for the fees we have paid and they keep us waiting not knowing anything about what stage is our application.
And January and February applications are getting approval is so frustrating.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:47 am

abelha wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:18 pm
Hi everyone,

My wife has applied for citizenship back in early Dec 2021. It is coming to 5 months soon and we have not heard anything. We are wondering at what stage should we email them for an update? and what is the correct email?

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks
A
The earliest they can even entertain a questions from you is 6 months from the day. If you applied 10th of December, you have to wait till 11th of June. They wouldn't even give you an update on the 10th of June. They take the 6 months literarily!
NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gov.uk; Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

abelha
Newly Registered

Post by abelha » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:47 am

Thank you for the reply, We have emailed the Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk two weeks ago and still no reply. It will be 6 months next week and we have not received even an acknowledgment email from them. I have looked at the timeline thread and it seems most people get a decision before 4 months. Is this normal? we are getting concerned. The referees have not been contacted either.

rv2010
Newly Registered

Post by rv2010 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:01 am

Hi. For me, it took 7 and a half months to get a decision. I applied at the end of September 2021.

At the six-month point, I sent an email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk to ask for an update and the reply came after 16 working days (I think they say they'll try to reply within 20 working days), so even though it's been a long two-week wait for you, it could take them a little longer to reply.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:02 am

Referees don't normally get contacted.
There are many applicants waiting longer than the six months target.
The wait time is not an indication of any issues with the application, they are just slow.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

abelha
Newly Registered

Post by abelha » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:01 pm

rv2010 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:01 am
Hi. For me, it took 7 and a half months to get a decision. I applied at the end of September 2021.

At the six-month point, I sent an email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk to ask for an update and the reply came after 16 working days (I think they say they'll try to reply within 20 working days), so even though it's been a long two-week wait for you, it could take them a little longer to reply.
Thank you for sharing this, I will email that particular email address next week when we get to the 6 month mark.

Thanks

Sammi20
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sammi20 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:04 pm

Hi,
I had applied 2nd week of November'21 and didn't hear anything until just a week before coming up to 6 months. The email from Home office said, normal period is 6 months and because of covid, its taking longer and application being complicated it is taking longer than expected 6 months. It did sound worrying as the application was supposed to be straight forward - spouse of British citizen with ILR.
I finally got approval email this week.
Hopefully, you get your approval soon. The wait can be stressful.

Daydavi
Newly Registered

Post by Daydavi » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:53 pm

Have you had any updates on your application? I also applied in December and I’m still waiting. I keep getting conflicting information, was actually told that my application was approved from my MPs office and then then the following week told it was still pending, waiting for biometrics, even though they confirmed my biometrics were there.

Please post an update! Still hopeful but also worried.