ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application - taken 24 months so far & still no credible response / decision

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mammoth82
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application - taken 24 months so far & still no credible response / decision

Post by Mammoth82 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi, my wife's Citizenship Application - Has so far taken 24 months so far & still no credible response / decision.

On Behalf of my Wife :

Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 2 plus 2 year ILR + Married to British Citizen since 11/07/15 + now have a british 1yr old dependent (son)
Language Criteria: Australia, Life in UK test - passed
Nationality: Australia
Method of application: Online + UKVCAS
Date of application:17/08/2017
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of acknowledgement: 01/09/2017
Date of debit of fees: 01/09/2017
Date of Biometric letter issued: N/A
Date of biometric letter received: N/A
Date Biometrics enrolled: 10/09/2017
Date on Approval letter: Still Waiting - Unknown - 24 months later !!!!!!
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:
Date of Ceremony:
Date of Passport Application:
Date of debit of fees:
Date Passport to be received:

Extremely frustrating for my wife; who's now completely lost hope / faith in the Home office -

We think the Home office must have lost it - periodically we have contacted the HO - but just received a pretty generic response along the lines of ''’Dear Sir/Madam,

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Please note that we will contact you as soon as we are in a position to take a decision on your case. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances’’

Yours faithfully ‘’

In Dec 2018 we even contacted our Local MP - Justine Greening. She contacted the Home office on our behalf; sadly in February earlier this year - we didn't get the response that we were after. :(
''
Dear xxxx

Thank you for your email regarding the naturalisation application of Mrs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Home Office has to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

Our website states that we aim to process 95% of naturalisation applications within six months. It is made clear on the website that, in some cases, applications may take longer than six months to complete.

As part of the application process, the Home Office routinely conducts enquiries with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. Their progress is regularly monitored.

So far, the enquiries have not been completed with regard to Mrs xxxxx application. As soon as we are in a position to reach a decision we will notify her accordingly.

Kind regards''

So here we are here we are 24 months on and still none the wiser :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

zimba
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Application - taken 24 months so far & still no credible response / decision

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:47 am

These cases are quite rare but we can offer no help here I am afraid as the citizenship application is not an immigration application and it is up to the home office.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice