ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

lifeRockss1
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by lifeRockss1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Question for people who did online ceremony over zoom.
Do you get the certificate by email or does the council sends it via post?
Also, if its by post do you need to wait for it before you apply for Passport?

Cheers

Rambo_ILR
Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Rambo_ILR » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:38 pm

Hello guys,

My council informed me that they have received my certificate and asked if whether I have received invitation letter. My approval was on 22 October. Anyone is similar situation? I haven't received invitation letter yet.

User avatar
dragon098
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:28 am
Location: LONDON
Mood:
Nepal

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by dragon098 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:16 pm

Rambo_ILR wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:36 pm
Hello guys,

My council informed me that they have received my certificate and asked if whether I have received invitation letter. My approval was on 22 October. Anyone is similar situation? I haven't received initiation letter yet.
Could you please tell us which council?

eonatura
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:42 pm
Turkey

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by eonatura » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:35 pm

Today, my council (RBKC) notified me that they have received my certificate. I was approved on September 29th. I am yet to receive the invitation letter.

woabgh
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:49 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by woabgh » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:47 pm

eonatura wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:35 pm
Today, my council (RBKC) notified me that they have received my certificate. I was approved on September 29th. I am yet to receive the invitation letter.
RBKC too, still nothing for me :( 21st Sept approval.
May I ask if the council contacted you out of the blue or if you checked online directly if you were able to book a slot?
What is the earliest date they could give you? (Free/public or paying slot?)

eonatura
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:42 pm
Turkey

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by eonatura » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:52 pm

woabgh wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:47 pm
eonatura wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:35 pm
Today, my council (RBKC) notified me that they have received my certificate. I was approved on September 29th. I am yet to receive the invitation letter.
RBKC too, still nothing for me :( 21st Sept approval.
May I ask if the council contacted you out of the blue or if you checked online directly if you were able to book a slot?
What is the earliest date they could give you? (Free/public or paying slot?)
I have been chasing proactively for the last month or so via email. They have been super helpful throughout. Today, they sent me an email saying that they received it and I am able to book online now.

Regarding availability, I have not checked yet because I am due to travel before Christmas and I do not think I will receive the passport before Christmas. So, I will probably attend the ceremony early January.

Rambo_ILR
Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Rambo_ILR » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:52 pm

dragon098 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:16 pm
Rambo_ILR wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:36 pm
Hello guys,

My council informed me that they have received my certificate and asked if whether I have received invitation letter. My approval was on 22 October. Anyone is similar situation? I haven't received initiation letter yet.
Could you please tell us which council?
Warwickshire council

Rambo_ILR
Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Rambo_ILR » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:54 pm

eonatura wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:52 pm
woabgh wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:47 pm
eonatura wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:35 pm
Today, my council (RBKC) notified me that they have received my certificate. I was approved on September 29th. I am yet to receive the invitation letter.
RBKC too, still nothing for me :( 21st Sept approval.
May I ask if the council contacted you out of the blue or if you checked online directly if you were able to book a slot?
What is the earliest date they could give you? (Free/public or paying slot?)
I have been chasing proactively for the last month or so via email. They have been super helpful throughout. Today, they sent me an email saying that they received it and I am able to book online now.

Regarding availability, I have not checked yet because I am due to travel before Christmas and I do not think I will receive the passport before Christmas. So, I will probably attend the ceremony early January.
Are you allowed to book ceremony before receiving invitation letter? I was told by my council that I need the letter to book ceremony!

User avatar
dragon098
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:28 am
Location: LONDON
Mood:
Nepal

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by dragon098 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Rambo_ILR wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:54 pm
eonatura wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:52 pm
woabgh wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:47 pm
eonatura wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:35 pm
Today, my council (RBKC) notified me that they have received my certificate. I was approved on September 29th. I am yet to receive the invitation letter.
RBKC too, still nothing for me :( 21st Sept approval.
May I ask if the council contacted you out of the blue or if you checked online directly if you were able to book a slot?
What is the earliest date they could give you? (Free/public or paying slot?)
I have been chasing proactively for the last month or so via email. They have been super helpful throughout. Today, they sent me an email saying that they received it and I am able to book online now.

Regarding availability, I have not checked yet because I am due to travel before Christmas and I do not think I will receive the passport before Christmas. So, I will probably attend the ceremony early January.
Are you allowed to book ceremony before receiving invitation letter? I was told by my council that I need the letter to book ceremony!
Hi Rambo_ILR,
I am sure you must have seen in the post that there are some council who lets you do your ceremony without invitation whereas, some strictly require invitation. My council Wandsworth strictly requires invitation. All I can say is speak to your council and see how it goes. Finger crossed they let you do it without invitation.

raij
Junior Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:32 pm
Poland

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by raij » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:05 pm

woabgh wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:35 pm
Nothing for end of September as well.
I was advised by email that my letter and certificate to the council would be despatched today by 2nd class post.

No idea about this new process by email. Glad for the new applicants but I can't wrap my head around HO logic here... last come first served...
its great tho that you had a date - hopefully it will all reach you and your local council by the end of next week :) i am still (start of june approval) waiting on my mp to confirm with home office what do they meant by "my ceremony was approved on 30 November 2020."
i don't know why home office isnt sending us all emails now . The wait is not fun any more - next week will be 28 weeks , but there are people on here that are waiting since april and may still :(

Lovely39
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:52 pm
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Lovely39 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:27 pm

Glad to see people are getting their invitation but bit confusing n concern that I was approved in sep29 but have yet received my invitation letter but I can see some people are getting invitations from October.Don’t what order they are doing invitations.any idea where to get help from.thanks

lifeRockss1
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by lifeRockss1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:51 pm

Further update..
Sent an email to my council and expected they will reply next week.
But got a reply in 10 mins asking for my number and after that got a call saying they haven't received my certificate from Home Office yet but they have recorded my number and once they receive it they will call me to book Virtual ceremony .. and they will post the letter same day after the ceremony.

For the people who have got approval before me and have still not got the email, I think HO must have decided on a cut off date to start sending emails instead of a post so that might be the reason your invitations are being processed to deliver physicals hence taking the time and anyone from 15th Oct might be getting emails?

Just a thought I might be wrong here.

It might be worth checking your SPAM folders for home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk

Lin87
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Lin87 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:19 pm

korben555 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:36 pm
Guuuuuuuuys ! I just got invitation letter via email !!!!!
Thanks to all existing Gods and good people from this forum !
18.08/ 18.11/ 11.12.
Same here.
Application date: 22 June 2020
Approval date: 04 Nov 20 - received letter by post
Ceremony invitation: 11 Dec 20 via email.

nnn15
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:55 am

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by nnn15 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:21 pm

raij wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:05 pm
woabgh wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:35 pm
Nothing for end of September as well.
I was advised by email that my letter and certificate to the council would be despatched today by 2nd class post.

No idea about this new process by email. Glad for the new applicants but I can't wrap my head around HO logic here... last come first served...
its great tho that you had a date - hopefully it will all reach you and your local council by the end of next week :) i am still (start of june approval) waiting on my mp to confirm with home office what do they meant by "my ceremony was approved on 30 November 2020."
i don't know why home office isnt sending us all emails now . The wait is not fun any more - next week will be 28 weeks , but there are people on here that are waiting since april and may still :(
I'm waiting since March, still no invitation. There are people on a different thread who applied around the same time as me in February and still haven't got any response at all (no approval letter). I hope now that the backlog has been nearly cleared the HO can investigate what happened to the cases when people have been waiting so long.

raij
Junior Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:32 pm
Poland

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by raij » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:45 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:21 pm
raij wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:05 pm
woabgh wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:35 pm
Nothing for end of September as well.
I was advised by email that my letter and certificate to the council would be despatched today by 2nd class post.

No idea about this new process by email. Glad for the new applicants but I can't wrap my head around HO logic here... last come first served...
its great tho that you had a date - hopefully it will all reach you and your local council by the end of next week :) i am still (start of june approval) waiting on my mp to confirm with home office what do they meant by "my ceremony was approved on 30 November 2020."
i don't know why home office isnt sending us all emails now . The wait is not fun any more - next week will be 28 weeks , but there are people on here that are waiting since april and may still :(
I'm waiting since March, still no invitation. There are people on a different thread who applied around the same time as me in February and still haven't got any response at all (no approval letter). I hope now that the backlog has been nearly cleared the HO can investigate what happened to the cases when people have been waiting so long.
it is shocking and so upsetting for anyone having to wait this long

nnn15
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:55 am

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by nnn15 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:36 pm

raij wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:45 pm
nnn15 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:21 pm
raij wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:05 pm
woabgh wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:35 pm
Nothing for end of September as well.
I was advised by email that my letter and certificate to the council would be despatched today by 2nd class post.

No idea about this new process by email. Glad for the new applicants but I can't wrap my head around HO logic here... last come first served...
its great tho that you had a date - hopefully it will all reach you and your local council by the end of next week :) i am still (start of june approval) waiting on my mp to confirm with home office what do they meant by "my ceremony was approved on 30 November 2020."
i don't know why home office isnt sending us all emails now . The wait is not fun any more - next week will be 28 weeks , but there are people on here that are waiting since april and may still :(
I'm waiting since March, still no invitation. There are people on a different thread who applied around the same time as me in February and still haven't got any response at all (no approval letter). I hope now that the backlog has been nearly cleared the HO can investigate what happened to the cases when people have been waiting so long.
it is shocking and so upsetting for anyone having to wait this long
At least we are getting responses from the HO now, so hopefully it could be sorted out soon.
It took me 4.5 months to get the first case-specific response, so this already feels like a milestone.

rainbowbutterfly
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:15 pm
Mood:
India

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:15 pm

After the ceremony (video call) I was asked to visit the Register Office after a week and I was handed over the Certificate. They again check ID and without verification they wont hand over.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 10613
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:09 pm

Lin87 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:19 pm
Same here.
Application date: 22 June 2020
Approval date: 04 Nov 20 - received letter by post
Ceremony invitation: 11 Dec 20 via email.
Wow that is quick. I have a similar timeline. Applied 22nd June. Approval date 10th Nov received via post.
Looks like Nov approvals are receiving emails also. I am from Hounslow Council and they have mentioned will receive an email for ceremony invitation. Fingers crossed.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jasmine89
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by jasmine89 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Can someone please share the email address to chase HO for certificate?

jasmine89
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by jasmine89 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:52 pm

I have emailed they further nationality enquiries email address is that correct?

Post Reply
cron