ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

JKAR25142
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:52 am
Swaziland

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by JKAR25142 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:01 am

HI there

I am still waiting as well!

have you received your invitation letter yet??

Thanks

JKAR25142
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:52 am
Swaziland

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by JKAR25142 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:02 am

HI there

I am still waiting as well!

have you received your invitation letter yet??

Thanks
tier1212 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:51 pm
Hi
Waiting for the ceremony
My timeline
Apllied online 30 July 2020
IDV app used 30 August 2020
Aproval via email 09 October 2020
Invitations letter still waiting
Council is Cardiff
Plz let me know if anyone on same dates got aproval
Thanks
HI there

I am still waiting as well!

have you received your invitation letter yet??

Thanks

Ms NANCY
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Ms NANCY » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:32 am

Anyone approved around 2 OCTOBER got their citizenship ceremony letter yet? :cry:

tier1212
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 2:56 pm
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by tier1212 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:54 am

JKAR25142 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:02 am
HI there

I am still waiting as well!

have you received your invitation letter yet??

Thanks
tier1212 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:51 pm
Hi
Waiting for the ceremony
My timeline
Apllied online 30 July 2020
IDV app used 30 August 2020
Aproval via email 09 October 2020
Invitations letter still waiting
Council is Cardiff
Plz let me know if anyone on same dates got aproval
Thanks
HI there

I am still waiting as well!

have you received your invitation letter yet??

Thanks
Not yet i ring council on Friday they said they haven't received yet
So might be this week

Misty1
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:52 am
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Misty1 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:54 am

Ms NANCY wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:32 am
Anyone approved around 2 OCTOBER got their citizenship ceremony letter yet? :cry:
Nope, 6th Oct & nothing received yet...

1313
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:52 am
India

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by 1313 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:09 pm

Apply 13/5/20 by post Fingerprints 21/6/20. Application successfull letters 2/10/20. Derby council call me 4/12/20 to book ceremony 8/12/20. 7/12/20 received invitation letter from home office ceremony done in 5 minutes th

Bengomango
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:09 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Bengomango » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:13 pm

Hi guys approved sep 30 . Nuthing yet. Anybody know where to write to ask ? There different e mails . ?

Bengomango
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:09 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Bengomango » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:15 pm

How many people here approved very late sep ? 29 , 28 , 30 sep ?

magicc
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:18 pm
Turkey

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by magicc » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi all - i had been a silent reader for a long time. I was approved on 22nd October however still waiting for the ceremony invite. Have not reached out to council or HO yet as I am waiting for the 12 week to be over. I saw that people who were approved in October'20 started to get invites so hopefully we will receive soon

Liai
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:30 am
Nigeria

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Liai » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:00 pm

Bengomango wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:15 pm
How many people here approved very late sep ? 29 , 28 , 30 sep ?
Hi,
I was approved 29th September. I contacted the home office over a week ago and was told that my certificate and invitation will be sent in 10day.
I haven’t still received my invitation.
For the past few months I have been trying to book y ceremony online using the ref no from my approval email but it wasn’t letting me. Early this morning, I tried and the system found my details and I was able to book a ceremony for January. I was wondering, does this mean that my certificate is with the council?

User avatar
dragon098
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:28 am
Location: LONDON
Mood:
Nepal

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by dragon098 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:02 pm

Liai wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:00 pm
Bengomango wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:15 pm
How many people here approved very late sep ? 29 , 28 , 30 sep ?
Hi,
I was approved 29th September. I contacted the home office over a week ago and was told that my certificate and invitation will be sent in 10day.
I haven’t still received my invitation.
For the past few months I have been trying to book y ceremony online using the ref no from my approval email but it wasn’t letting me. Early this morning, I tried and the system found my details and I was able to book a ceremony for January. I was wondering, does this mean that my certificate is with the council?
Yes, it means they have your certificate, make sure to check if they require you to present invitation letter.

Liai
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:30 am
Nigeria

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Liai » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:07 pm

dragon098 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:02 pm
Liai wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:00 pm
Bengomango wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:15 pm
How many people here approved very late sep ? 29 , 28 , 30 sep ?
Hi,
I was approved 29th September. I contacted the home office over a week ago and was told that my certificate and invitation will be sent in 10day.
I haven’t still received my invitation.
For the past few months I have been trying to book y ceremony online using the ref no from my approval email but it wasn’t letting me. Early this morning, I tried and the system found my details and I was able to book a ceremony for January. I was wondering, does this mean that my certificate is with the council?
Yes, it means they have your certificate, make sure to check if they require you to present invitation letter.
Thanks for replying. On the site the say one must have the invitation before they can attend the ceremony.

MALCOM2
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by MALCOM2 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:37 pm

ATTENTION ! Just to let you know that this post is not belong to me , i just copy and paste It from immigration forum on Facebook. Is like home office are changing the way they are sending the invitations. Please keep watching your email and spam.Now you can read it . I I received citizenship ceremony invitation email yesterday. I didn't received a approval letter.

Application: 25 June 2020
Idv image submitted: 8 September 2020
In person biometric:6 October 2020
Citizenship ceremony invitation email received:11 December 2020

Bengomango
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:09 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Bengomango » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:40 pm

hi lia can you tell me the number you was calling and is it free or costing much ? thanks man and wish you have your certificate as soon as possible

Bengomango
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:09 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Bengomango » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Liai wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:00 pm
Bengomango wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:15 pm
How many people here approved very late sep ? 29 , 28 , 30 sep ?
Hi,
I was approved 29th September. I contacted the home office over a week ago and was told that my certificate and invitation will be sent in 10day.
I haven’t still received my invitation.
For the past few months I have been trying to book y ceremony online using the ref no from my approval email but it wasn’t letting me. Early this morning, I tried and the system found my details and I was able to book a ceremony for January. I was wondering, does this mean that my certificate is with the council?
can you tell me please how did you contact them ?>

Kay100
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:47 am
Nigeria

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Kay100 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Rambo_ILR wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:52 pm
Rambo_ILR wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:38 pm
Hello guys,

My council informed me that they have received my certificate and asked if whether I have received invitation letter. My approval was on 22 October. Anyone is similar situation? I haven't received invitation letter yet.
Update
Received Invitation through Email today. Probably need to wait till Monday to book a place for ceremony.
===============================

Hi

My application was approved on 22 October 2020 as well but still awaiting letter. Anyone around Havering with any updates?

Please advise.

Thank you.

korben555
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:03 pm
Ukraine

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by korben555 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:20 pm

My dear friends , this is my last message here.

So :
approval -18.08.
certificate at Hounslow council : 18.11.
Invitation email : 11.12.
Inv. email send to council 11.12
Lady from the office called me : 11.12
Offered : mid March free or private earlier.
I've chosen mid January, 250 £.....

Thanks all of you, for giving me hope and support my patience !
Good luck !

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 10613
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:21 pm

korben555 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:20 pm
My dear friends , this is my last message here.

So :
approval -18.08.
certificate at Hounslow council : 18.11.
Invitation email : 11.12.
Inv. email send to council 11.12
Lady from the office called me : 11.12
Offered : mid March free or private earlier.
I've chosen mid January, 250 £.....

Thanks all of you, for giving me hope and support my patience !
Good luck !
Please can you let me know what was the earliest private available? Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

korben555
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:03 pm
Ukraine

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by korben555 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:40 pm

I have no idea.
I am returning from Europe in mid January, so I have asked for some date after arriving.
Ah ! Important thing to my previous post !
Actually, I have written an email, informing them that my certificate is already with council .
Believe you or not - I got that electronic invitation letter from them, very next day !

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 10613
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:43 pm

korben555 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:40 pm
I have no idea.
I am returning from Europe in mid January, so I have asked for some date after arriving.
Ah ! Important thing to my previous post !
Actually, I have written an email, informing them that my certificate is already with council .
Believe you or not - I got that electronic invitation letter from them, very next day !
Thanks. Which email address did you use?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Post Reply
cron