ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:41 am

Bengomango wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:24 am
Hi guys finally I got my invitation approved 30 sep . Thanks a lot to all people here and special thanks to cullinan . I just have a question for cullinan about passport application online . First adult passport counter signatory how long he have to know you . As it’s written 2 years in case of child . And another thing where is the forum link for passport application after ceremony . Please cullinan answer , thanks
Apply online.
You need someone to confirm identity online.

Adult:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... ply-online

https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-onl ... pplication

Child:

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport ... d-passport

https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-onl ... pplication
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

dragon098
Mood:
Nepal

Post by dragon098 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:51 am

Hi All,

I am from Wandsworth Council, I emailed them yesterday and they replied to me saying that they don't have my certificated and
We have no dates available for ceremonies at present, so please email us again in mid January, when we will know what dates are available, and hopefully we may have received your certificate. Please check that you have received the ‘invitation letter’ before you contact us.
I am actually moving to a new job so I had to do my DBS check, it was done approx a month ago I don't think my DBS check has to do anything HO.

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:19 pm

dragon098 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:51 am
Hi All,

I am from Wandsworth Council, I emailed them yesterday and they replied to me saying that they don't have my certificated and
We have no dates available for ceremonies at present, so please email us again in mid January, when we will know what dates are available, and hopefully we may have received your certificate. Please check that you have received the ‘invitation letter’ before you contact us.
I am actually moving to a new job so I had to do my DBS check, it was done approx a month ago I don't think my DBS check has to do anything HO.
It may be because council doesn't has availability Home office is not sending the invitation letter/certificate ?
I am not sure what other reason might prevent them sending the invite unless they are still doing some background checks. Nobody knows the process so we might be just guessing to be honest.
But I hope you receive it soon as I was approved on 19th Oct and received invite on 11th Dec and yours is 21stOct

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:40 pm

Same, I was approved on the 12th of October and NOTHING YET

Does anyone know if you can do private ceremonies in Kent since i just want it done once i get the invite

Bengomango
Mood:

Post by Bengomango » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:55 pm

Bengomango wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:37 am
coolrockspart2 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:33 am
Bengomango wrote:
Hi guys finally I got my invitation approved 30 sep . Thanks a lot to all people here and special thanks to cullinan . I just have a question for cullinan about passport application online . First adult passport counter signatory how long he have to know you . As it’s written 2 years in case of child . And another thing where is the forum link for passport application after ceremony . Please cullinan answer , thanks
Forum link for passport timeline application british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... 80618.html

Are you making paper application for passport ? HMPO recommends making an online application as it would be processed quicker but completely up to you.

Regarding counter signatory they should have known you for at least 2 years
https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications
Thanks a lot for your help . I will try to do the online one . Thanks
Can an operational manager be my countersignatory ? Thanks again

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:58 pm

Bengomango wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:55 pm
Bengomango wrote:
coolrockspart2 wrote:
Bengomango wrote:
Forum link for passport timeline application british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... 80618.html

Are you making paper application for passport ? HMPO recommends making an online application as it would be processed quicker but completely up to you.

should be one from below https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passp ... ignatories

byteb
Newly Registered

Post by byteb » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi guys,

I have received my naturalization approval email on the 14th of September but still haven't received the ceremony invitation from the Home Office.

The Home Office case worker is not responding to my email any longer, so I was wondering if there is any Home Office contact number or email I can reach out to check what is going on.

I have reached out to my council and they have also received the neturalization approval but they're awaiting the ceremony invite letter from the Home Office to be sent by me once I receive it.

Bengomango
Mood:

Post by Bengomango » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:00 pm

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:58 pm
Bengomango wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:55 pm
Bengomango wrote:
coolrockspart2 wrote:

should be one from below https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passp ... ignatories
Yes it’s written . Director , manager or personal officer of a vat registered company. So could it be any department manager ?

dragon098
Mood:
Nepal

Post by dragon098 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:41 pm

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:19 pm
It may be because council doesn't has availability Home office is not sending the invitation letter/certificate ?
I am not sure what other reason might prevent them sending the invite unless they are still doing some background checks. Nobody knows the process so we might be just guessing to be honest.
But I hope you receive it soon as I was approved on 19th Oct and received invite on 11th Dec and yours is 21stOct
Thanks for the reply, I am bit worried because in a month time I'll be moving from my current address. I agree with you that maybe they're deploying invites and certificate according to councils. It would be nice if we could know either if they're starting a new process where they send invite via email or letter
Anyways, glad that you got it and good luck

londuk1
Mood:
Greece

Post by londuk1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:36 pm

londuk1 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:46 pm
dragon098 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:43 pm
londuk1 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:08 pm

Ok I am delighted to say that this process will soon come to an end for me.

Just talked with Wandsworth Council and I booked a virtual ceremony for the 17th of December.
Good luck everybody!
Could you please tell me if you had to pay or was it for free. I highly doubt Wandsworth Council would do anything for free.

Once again congrats, finger crossed you get your British Passport soon and relax.
They didn’t mention anything about payment. I guess it’s free because it’s virtual. I will let you know if they ask me for payment on the ceremony day.
Hi dragon098.
I had my virtual ceremony today with the registrar from Wandsworth Council. They didn't ask for any payment thankfully.

However, they had my old address in their log and they said they cannot post my certificate to my new address so I have to go to the town hall and pick it up tomorrow.

dragon098
Mood:
Nepal

Post by dragon098 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:42 pm

londuk1 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:36 pm
Hi dragon098.
I had my virtual ceremony today with the registrar from Wandsworth Council. They didn't ask for any payment thankfully.

However, they had my old address in their log and they said they cannot post my certificate to my new address so I have to go to the town hall and pick it up tomorrow.
I'll be moving in a month so thanks for heads up, I will ask them if I can come to pick it up in Townhall. It looks like printing and posting or emailing invite has slowed down. All we can do now is wait and due to non-stop lockdown it doesn't really help us.
Anyways, Congrats, you're British now. Hopefully, applying for passport shouldn't be as stressful as this.

awilkes
Newly Registered

Post by awilkes » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:59 pm

Hey Everyone,

It's been longer than a month now since I received my invitation mail, My council (H&F) keeps telling me they haven't received my certificate yet. I tried to email home office but no luck. Could anyone give me some advice what to do next?

The mail says I have 21 days, so I passed that deadline.

Thanks

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:38 pm

awilkes wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:59 pm
Hey Everyone,

It's been longer than a month now since I received my invitation mail, My council (H&F) keeps telling me they haven't received my certificate yet. I tried to email home office but no luck. Could anyone give me some advice what to do next?

The mail says I have 21 days, so I passed that deadline.

Thanks
Its actually six months now

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi anyone from November approved have received cermony letter I got approved 9th of November via email or any idea still waiting for invitation please advice.

Abxnair
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Abxnair » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:55 pm

I enquired about my certificate last day at NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk and got a replay as below.

It didn't help at all and added more confusion :? Did they ask to wait for another 8 to 12 weeks? or is it a generic email? Confused now! I am approved on 7th October.
Thank you for your enquiry about your citizenship ceremony.

We are currently working with Local Authorities throughout the UK and with overseas diplomatic posts as they begin to resume Citizenship Ceremonies. Service has not yet returned to normal due to continuing adherence to Government advice on social distancing ¿ which is subject to some local and International variance.

Due to the strict social distancing measures currently in place and to ensure the safety of our staff, regrettably, resources in our Ceremonies and Citizenship Support department are extremely limited, at present.

With regards to individual/private/virtual ceremonies, we are aware that some local authorities have already started to offer this service however it is up to each council as to whether or not they can carry out these with social distancing measures in place. Further to this, unless you have exceptional circumstances, we are unable to accommodate requests to expedite ceremony invites/despatch of certificates at present for the reasons given above.

Please be assured that our ceremonies and citizenship support team will issue your ceremony invite letter by post within the next 8 to 12 weeks. You are required to attend a citizenship ceremony within 6 months of the date printed on your ceremony invitation. Upon receipt of the invitation letter, you can make the necessary arrangements with your local authority.

We will keep ceremony deadlines under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).

Please do not contact your Local Authority until you have received your invitation as they will not have your certificate to conduct your ceremony before this.

I fully appreciate that you attending your citizenship ceremony is the final part of the process and please be assured that we aim to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

During this time UKVI are receiving a high volume of enquires that may take longer than usual for a reply. Please do not contact the Visas and Citizenship department to request your ceremony be held in another location based on ceremony date availability as such requests cannot be accommodated and will be declined.

Yours sincerely

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

successorxx
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by successorxx » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Abxnair wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:55 pm
I enquired about my certificate last day at NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk and got a replay as below.

It didn't help at all and added more confusion :? Did they ask to wait for another 8 to 12 weeks? or is it a generic email? Confused now! I am approved on 7th October.
Thank you for your enquiry about your citizenship ceremony.

We are currently working with Local Authorities throughout the UK and with overseas diplomatic posts as they begin to resume Citizenship Ceremonies. Service has not yet returned to normal due to continuing adherence to Government advice on social distancing ¿ which is subject to some local and International variance.

Due to the strict social distancing measures currently in place and to ensure the safety of our staff, regrettably, resources in our Ceremonies and Citizenship Support department are extremely limited, at present.

With regards to individual/private/virtual ceremonies, we are aware that some local authorities have already started to offer this service however it is up to each council as to whether or not they can carry out these with social distancing measures in place. Further to this, unless you have exceptional circumstances, we are unable to accommodate requests to expedite ceremony invites/despatch of certificates at present for the reasons given above.

Please be assured that our ceremonies and citizenship support team will issue your ceremony invite letter by post within the next 8 to 12 weeks. You are required to attend a citizenship ceremony within 6 months of the date printed on your ceremony invitation. Upon receipt of the invitation letter, you can make the necessary arrangements with your local authority.

We will keep ceremony deadlines under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).

Please do not contact your Local Authority until you have received your invitation as they will not have your certificate to conduct your ceremony before this.

I fully appreciate that you attending your citizenship ceremony is the final part of the process and please be assured that we aim to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

During this time UKVI are receiving a high volume of enquires that may take longer than usual for a reply. Please do not contact the Visas and Citizenship department to request your ceremony be held in another location based on ceremony date availability as such requests cannot be accommodated and will be declined.

Yours sincerely

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group
I can 100% tell you this is a generic email...Copy and Paste...I got exactly the same type of message a week ago......So bother no more after this email I can categorically tell you they wont reply you anymore Just wait......Talking from experience..

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:49 pm

So guys how far do you think Baybars model has been taken off?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 pm

London249 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:24 pm
Hi anyone from November approved have received cermony letter I got approved 9th of November via email or any idea still waiting for invitation please advice.
Too early for November. ... you will hopefully get it by end of January
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Rabs

Post by Rabs » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 pm

mrmo93 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:49 pm
It seems it isn't applicable any longer. Invitations are not being released in the numbers required to develop another model unfortunately! :cry:

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Rabs wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 pm
mrmo93 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:49 pm
It seems it isn't applicable any longer. Invitations are not being released in the numbers required to develop another model unfortunately! :cry:
Yes :cry: :cry:, Its frustrating because my turn is literally NEXT :( :( . Like I got approved 12 of October