ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

BootaKHAN
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by BootaKHAN » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:48 am

I think Covid , now holidays and also Brexit could possible cause of delay .
Mine was approved in Nov , got invited in December , private ceremony at no extra charges . now waiting for passport .

I would like to Thank you every one for helping me out .

joletusgo
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:17 am
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by joletusgo » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:23 am

I got my approval on 10-nov-2020 for U.K nationality but still waiting to get a letter for ceremony

joletusgo
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:17 am
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by joletusgo » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:27 am

what is RBKC website please ?

is this website can help me what date I will receive the letter for the U.K nationality ceremony ?

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 10613
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:36 am

Nature11 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:14 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:34 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:25 am
Nature11 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:10 pm
Cullinan wrote:
I have emailed them for an earlier slot if any cancellation occurs. Testing my luck now :wink:
If one has to pay £250, rather pay earlier than later.. hope they offer me an earlier slot to make the money worth spent!!
off course , inform them if any cancellation come up before your date please contact.
Hello @Nature11. I contacted them. They said no earlier date is available as of now but I have left a note in case any cancellation comes up they might contact me.
Also, they did not give any indication of ceremony cancellation in Tier4. As I said previously, your ceremony on 23rd Dec should go ahead as planned. Good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ms NANCY
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Ms NANCY » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:04 am

I was approved on 2nd of October.
No news since then! Really gutted.

en_ilegna
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by en_ilegna » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:23 am

nnn15 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:01 pm
en_ilegna wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:52 am
My husband’s timeline:
Approved via email:9/06
Emailed MP: 7/12
Reply from MP asking for more details: 7/12
Invitation letter (email): 10/12
Private ceremony: today
Council: Barnet

At least they are starting to clear up spring approvals.
Hope those who are waiting will have theirs soon.
Thanks for posting!
Do you have any information what exactly your MP asked for? I contacted my MP about my paperwork not being issued in September, they submitted at least 4 enquiries since, but my paperwork still hasn't been issued. I'm wondering if there is wording that helps get the paperwork printed...
“just the usual info like dob, address..

Mantis_87
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:55 am
Spain

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Mantis_87 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:35 am

24th of August approval.
I am still waiting for the invitation.
Both my council and HO are leaving me in the dark. HO tells us to wait 12 weeks, then they state that ALL approvals from August and earlier were sent out in November. I do not mind waiting for the invitation and
don´t care what method the HO is using. I would just like to know I have not been forgotten. Waiting 4 months for something that used to take 2 weeks is mad. I wish they were honest with us and gave account specific responses. I have been patient with the HO, I have only emailed them twice, however, I have made my first complaint today. I was just ignored by the Nationality Support Team and in an earlier email they told me to wait, they didn´t even bother to send the longer generic response.
Not to worry anyone, I just wanted to share my experience.

Good luck and stay strong.

Ms NANCY
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Ms NANCY » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:11 am

Ms NANCY wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:04 am
I was approved on 2nd of October.
No news since then! Really gutted.
I just called the HO and told them that the 12 weeks are already up. She asked about the month of my approval decision; then she confirmed that they are working on September approvals. I told her that people from November are doing their ceremonies already but she insisted that they are working on Sep approvals and I just need to wait. I hope January is our month :)

so777
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 pm
Lithuania

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by so777 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:45 am

One more- happy update.

Although last week around the 14th I got an email saying my invitation hasn't been printed yet- I just received it!

Approval date: 1 October
Ceremony invitation letter dated 7 December
Arrived: 21 December

Earliest ceremony for Barnet - 25th of February! WHY! :cry:

No private ceremonies at the moment either. Gutted.

ellruf
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:05 am
Russia

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by ellruf » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:58 am

Ms NANCY wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:04 am
I was approved on 2nd of October.
No news since then! Really gutted.
Same approval date, called HO today, they said that they cleared September and October approvals should expect invitations in January

naruto
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:12 pm
Location: uk manchester
Malta

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by naruto » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:12 pm

so777 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:45 am
One more- happy update.

Although last week around the 14th I got an email saying my invitation hasn't been printed yet- I just received it!

Approval date: 1 October
Ceremony invitation letter dated 7 December
Arrived: 21 December

Earliest ceremony for Barnet - 25th of February! WHY! :cry:

No private ceremonies at the moment either. Gutted.

Congratulations 🎉 mate

I was approved on October too and still no invitation letter I’m also with Barnet council 🤦‍♂️

Fingers crossed that we get this done ASAP
LaDolceVita

nnn15
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:55 am

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by nnn15 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Mantis_87 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:35 am
24th of August approval.
I am still waiting for the invitation.
Both my council and HO are leaving me in the dark. HO tells us to wait 12 weeks, then they state that ALL approvals from August and earlier were sent out in November. I do not mind waiting for the invitation and
don´t care what method the HO is using. I would just like to know I have not been forgotten. Waiting 4 months for something that used to take 2 weeks is mad. I wish they were honest with us and gave account specific responses. I have been patient with the HO, I have only emailed them twice, however, I have made my first complaint today. I was just ignored by the Nationality Support Team and in an earlier email they told me to wait, they didn´t even bother to send the longer generic response.
Not to worry anyone, I just wanted to share my experience.

Good luck and stay strong.
It's the standard unfortunately. Happened to me as well. My MP helped me get some updates, at least the HO has now said indeed there was some mistake which is why my paperwork hasn't been printed and they are working on fixing it.
If you are ignored by the HO support, it might be worth reaching out to your MP and asking them for help.

so777
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 pm
Lithuania

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by so777 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:44 pm

naruto wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:12 pm
so777 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:45 am
One more- happy update.

Although last week around the 14th I got an email saying my invitation hasn't been printed yet- I just received it!

Approval date: 1 October
Ceremony invitation letter dated 7 December
Arrived: 21 December

Earliest ceremony for Barnet - 25th of February! WHY! :cry:

No private ceremonies at the moment either. Gutted.

Congratulations 🎉 mate

I was approved on October too and still no invitation letter I’m also with Barnet council 🤦‍♂️

Fingers crossed that we get this done ASAP
perhaps we'll have a ceremony together! If there's any room left on the 25th.. They said only 15 can join each ceremony and they had two available on the 25th - 10am and 1pm. Good luck!

NinashK
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by NinashK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:36 pm

Hi

Just an update, I have just received my HO letter by post this morning 21 December 2020.
Date on letter: 15 December 2020.

Hope all those waiting will receive good news soon.

Bikerboy86
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:28 am
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Bikerboy86 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:58 pm

NinashK wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:36 pm
Hi

Just an update, I have just received my HO letter by post this morning 21 December 2020.
Date on letter: 15 December 2020.

Hope all those waiting will receive good news soon.
Congratulations Nina, what's your timeline if you don't mind sharing!

alexdreame
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:41 pm
Argentina

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by alexdreame » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:01 pm

Hi everyone,
Just like everyone else here I am waiting for the golden brown envelope with the invitation. I was approved on the 19th of October and still waiting to receive the letter. I have moved from London to Leeds since then and changed my address using the official website. Although I’ve changed it my approval letter was addressed to my old house in London which is really frustrating. So at the moment I am in the loop keeping in touch with my old flat mates and very anxious to hear if the letter was received there. I suppose if it does get there my citizenship ceremony will be still in London? I do not wanna email the Home Office to ask for a transfer of ceremony as I believe it would only make things worse and wait will be even longer. :( anyone on here finding themselves in a similar situation?

User avatar
dragon098
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:28 am
Location: LONDON
Mood:
Nepal

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by dragon098 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:11 pm

alexdreame wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:01 pm
Hi everyone,
Just like everyone else here I am waiting for the golden brown envelope with the invitation. I was approved on the 19th of October and still waiting to receive the letter. I have moved from London to Leeds since then and changed my address using the official website. Although I’ve changed it my approval letter was addressed to my old house in London which is really frustrating. So at the moment I am in the loop keeping in touch with my old flat mates and very anxious to hear if the letter was received there. I suppose if it does get there my citizenship ceremony will be still in London? I do not wanna email the Home Office to ask for a transfer of ceremony as I believe it would only make things worse and wait will be even longer. :( anyone on here finding themselves in a similar situation?
Your Ceremony will be in the council you selected when you made the application. You didn't mention which council but yes, it must be one of those many councils in London

naruto
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:12 pm
Location: uk manchester
Malta

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by naruto » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:18 pm

so777 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:44 pm
naruto wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:12 pm
so777 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:45 am
One more- happy update.

Although last week around the 14th I got an email saying my invitation hasn't been printed yet- I just received it!

Approval date: 1 October
Ceremony invitation letter dated 7 December
Arrived: 21 December

Earliest ceremony for Barnet - 25th of February! WHY! :cry:

No private ceremonies at the moment either. Gutted.

Congratulations 🎉 mate

I was approved on October too and still no invitation letter I’m also with Barnet council 🤦‍♂️

Fingers crossed that we get this done ASAP
perhaps we'll have a ceremony together! If there's any room left on the 25th.. They said only 15 can join each ceremony and they had two available on the 25th - 10am and 1pm. Good luck!

Yes mate fingers crossed 🤞 thank you

However keep chasing the council incase someone will cancel their ceremony or you get lucky somehow. At least you’ve got it now 🤞
All the best mate
LaDolceVita

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 10613
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:38 pm

dragon098 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:11 pm
alexdreame wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:01 pm
Hi everyone,
Just like everyone else here I am waiting for the golden brown envelope with the invitation. I was approved on the 19th of October and still waiting to receive the letter. I have moved from London to Leeds since then and changed my address using the official website. Although I’ve changed it my approval letter was addressed to my old house in London which is really frustrating. So at the moment I am in the loop keeping in touch with my old flat mates and very anxious to hear if the letter was received there. I suppose if it does get there my citizenship ceremony will be still in London? I do not wanna email the Home Office to ask for a transfer of ceremony as I believe it would only make things worse and wait will be even longer. :( anyone on here finding themselves in a similar situation?
Your Ceremony will be in the council you selected when you made the application. You didn't mention which council but yes, it must be one of those many councils in London
Adding on: If you even think/attempt to change the council now, given the covid times, it will be a real nightmare. Keep in touch with your old flat mates and arrange a ceremony at your council you selected when you submitted your application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

NinashK
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by NinashK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Bikerboy86 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:58 pm
NinashK wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:36 pm
Hi

Just an update, I have just received my HO letter by post this morning 21 December 2020.
Date on letter: 15 December 2020.

Hope all those waiting will receive good news soon.
Congratulations Nina, what's your timeline if you don't mind sharing!

Hi bikerboy86

My timeline

Application 27 may 202
Biomatric 27th August 2020
Approval Email 7th October 2020
Council letter received 19th December 2020
Home office invitation letter today dated 15 dec.2020.

Post Reply
cron