ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship- English Language

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

surabhi

Citizenship- English Language

Post by surabhi » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:35 am

Hi
I am eligible for Naturalization. I would like to get some expert opinion regarding english language requirement

To prove my english skills,can I use

a)My UKNARIC certificate taken 2 years back (for ILR) to prove qulification is equal to UK Degree?
plus
b)Can I use a letter from my college/University to prove the Medium f instruction was English.?

Or I have to take 2 letters from UKNARIC?
one for Degree equellent proving
another for English proving?

Pls help me .

Thank you
Surabhi

mrajkumar
India

Re: Citizenship- English Language

Post by mrajkumar » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:53 pm

You need to submit NARIC Certificate, University Letter and Degree Certificate as per guidance. For me the NCS Officer toook all of them.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:01 pm

thank you for the reply

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:29 am

Hi,
One more question..I read some forum that UK NARIC will not do language assessment fro Master degrees(they will do only for Degree level)? Is it correct? I have MCA from India.Any one experienced this?

Pls can any one update, if you have done english language aasesment towards an indian Post gruations?

thanks
Surabhi

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:07 pm

If you already proved English language for ILR, you do not need to prove it again. You need to submit the same documentation you used for your ILR to prove English language. (In my case, I used the PBS printout and degree certificate and the NCS officer said that was sufficient).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 pm

thank you

bruceb

Post by bruceb » Mon May 01, 2017 12:16 pm

Dear Experts

Hope you can help me,

I'm applying for naturalisation, can I still use this PBS here to prove my points, the confusion is the website says any migration application should not use the calculator.
https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... 6FC6C5B45C

Secondly I have nearly completed a Master Degree through a Distance Education route in the UK, I have the PG Diploma but yet to receive my Masters Degree certificate as I need the results. Would the PGDiploma suffice?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Bruce

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon May 01, 2017 12:23 pm

bruceb wrote:Dear Experts

Hope you can help me,

I'm applying for naturalisation, can I still use this PBS here to prove my points, the confusion is the website says any migration application should not use the calculator.
https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... 6FC6C5B45C

Secondly I have nearly completed a Master Degree through a Distance Education route in the UK, I have the PG Diploma but yet to receive my Masters Degree certificate as I need the results. Would the PGDiploma suffice?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Bruce
A qualification at diploma level won't qualify to meet the English language requirement for BC.

The PBS calculator for a degree is no longer accepted. NARIC RED route is required. It would be quicker to take the B1 English test and the cost is the same.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.