ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship following ILR and 6 years discretionary leave

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shamim1985
Newly Registered

Citizenship following ILR and 6 years discretionary leave

Post by shamim1985 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:41 am

Hi,
Could anyone help please?

I have my ILR after 6 years discretionary. Came to UK in 2010 as a student and got married to my husband who was asylum on that time so I granted discretionary leave to remain from early 2012 to 2015 then I extended to 2018.
I got my ILR couple of days ago but I was advised by my solicitor that I have to wait for 12 months to be able to apply for naturalization.
I thought I can apply for naturalization straight after as a spouse of British.

Can anyone help or share their experiences please

Shamim

mmali

Re: Citizenship following ILR and 6 years discretionary leave

Post by mmali » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:18 pm

shamim1985 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:41 am
Hi,

I have my ILR after 6 years discretionary. Came to UK in 2010 as a student and got married to my husband who was asylum on that time so I granted discretionary leave to remain from early 2012 to 2015 then I extended to 2018.
I got my ILR couple of days ago but I was advised by my solicitor that I have to wait for 12 months to be able to apply for naturalization.

Shamim
Hi Shamim,
You have already been advised but i would like share my experince with you which may help you.
I have been given discreationary leave in 2011 and got my ILR in October 2017 .But as i am married to British Citizen i applied to naturalisation on 13/12/2017.This is the rule you do not need to wait for 12 months of your ILR.But some other things like your immgration History and so on ,you have to read AN form Guidance carfully you will find out anwser to your question .
Note,I have not heard from HO yet but hopeflly will recieve a positive dicision.
Hope this help you.

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:39 pm

[quote=shamim1985 post_id=1610422 time=1521272510 user_id=191128]
Hi,

Shamim

Hi, just wondering if you have received any new on your citizenship, I have been waiting too and I applied after 6years of dlr. please let me know

mmali

Post by mmali » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Mad1 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:39 pm
shamim1985 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:41 am
Hi,

Shamim

Hi, just wondering if you have received any new on your citizenship, I have been waiting too and I applied after 6years of dlr. please let me know
Hi,
you asked me regarding my BC application.I applied on 14/12/2017 and still waiting for the decision.Whenever i deal with Home Office ,it takes six month always so I will wait almost two more months.
Hope this help you.

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:17 pm

It helps, I think maybe our case is not as straight forward as I thought.

thaophan
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by thaophan » Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 am

sorry budies
I have question considering citizenship after ILR by 6 yrs DL :(
Same situation and similar case to ppl in this topic but does anyone have result after submission application for it? i heard rumors said the HO changed the law this year 2018 so applicant must stay in UK for 10 yrs route from the day he/she granted DL and so it continue to be counted on exact 10 yrs legally then we can submit citizen application :?

I mean i was granted DL in 2012 and extended it 2nd time to 2018 and applied to settlement this year but m waiting for my visa card return, dont know yet, then my solicitor told me I cannot wait till next year and apply to citizenship because from 2011 to 2018 there is only 7yrs of the route so i need to wait for more 3 years then i am legally to apply it. This is just updated this year, someones does not know and still pay the fee and apply it but did not have any decision yet. TRUE or FALSE pls :shock:

I cannot find the link or any info on UK home office for this update, does anyone have idea for ? :roll:
Thank you