ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Joint Application cost saving query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hemant_lakhani

Citizenship Joint Application cost saving query

Post by hemant_lakhani » Wed May 27, 2015 2:31 pm

Greetings, please advise if there is any cost saving benefit in couple applying for citizenship at the same time (joint application)?

After completing 5 years on work permit and Tier1 (General), I got ILR in Apr 2014, my wife also got ILR with me.
I have been in the UK for more than 5 years + 1 year ILR - eligible for British Citizenship.
My wife came in the UK in Nov 2010 and got ILR in Apr 2014; To complete 5 years requirement, she will be eligible for British Citizenship in Nov 2015.

So either I can apply now and my wife can apply later (after Nov 2015 or after I become British citizen) OR I can wait till Nov 2015 and we can apply together, but is there any benefit? I heard there is some cost saving but could not find details. Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Citizenship Joint Application cost saving query

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:36 pm

hemant_lakhani wrote:
So either I can apply now and my wife can apply later (after Nov 2015 or after I become British citizen) OR I can wait till Nov 2015 and we can apply together, but is there any benefit? I heard there is some cost saving but could not find details. Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.
Personally that third option will be for you to apply now and become British Citizen, atten ceremony and get Certificate, then apply for wife as spouse of British Citizen.
That third option would mean proving only three years' stay in UK and although no guarantee but could be fairly quicker in getting approval.

Also if you are tight on budget then expanding the fees for you now and herself after your Naturalisation may help. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:40 pm

There is no reduced fee for couples applying together. Each person applying has to pay the full fee. The joint application concession was withdrawn quite some time ago, probably well over a year ago now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Thu May 28, 2015 2:28 pm

That's correct, no savings on couple/family. The charge is per individual.