ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - student and no insurance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confused_dot_com
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Letter from employer

Post by confused_dot_com » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:38 am

Hi

I need to ask two of my previous employers for letters of confirmation that I was working for them as I have no P60 or P45 for those years and they both changed accountants. Does anyone know what the letter need to contain. I assume start date, end date, job title, company name. I don't know what we should put on the letterhead: addressed to whom and to what address. Also is this ok to be emailed to me? So the signature will not be in pen will be printed out. Is there anything else that needs to be on the letter to make it official?

Thanks, confused...

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Letter from employer

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:47 am

From my own experience: Have the letter addressed "to whom it may concern" - no specific address.
The details to be included are correct - most larger employers issue this kind of letter regularly so it shouldn't come as a surprise. Mine came as PDF, I printed it off and submitted as is. No issue. UKVI can always contact employers if they wish (but don't know if they have - in my case).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

confused_dot_com
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Re: Letter from employer

Post by confused_dot_com » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:34 am

Thank you..

confused_dot_com
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Citizenship - student and no insurance

Post by confused_dot_com » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 am

Hi

I am trying to put all the papers together to apply for BC.
I am EU citizen and have my PR dating July 2016.
I worked until may 2016 and was also a student, therefore I got my PR based on me working. I started working again in Oct 2017 after finishing my studies.
Now I need to provide evidence of me being in the UK for the last 5 years. This is not a problem for the years I've been working, but for the period that I was not working and was only studying (May 2016 - Oct 2017) the only proof I can think of is a letter from Uni.
Is this a good evidence providing I had no extra Health Insurance while studying. I know a lot of people had problems because of this when applying for PR, but I'm nut sure if it applies for BC.
Otherwise, what other papers should I provide to prove I was in the UK?

Thanks, confused...

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: Citizenship - student and no insurance

Post by KatHof » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:47 pm

confused_dot_com wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 am
Hi

I worked until may 2016 and was also a student, therefore I got my PR based on me working. I started working again in Oct 2017 after finishing my studies.
Now I need to provide evidence of me being in the UK for the last 5 years. This is not a problem for the years I've been working, but for the period that I was not working and was only studying (May 2016 - Oct 2017) the only proof I can think of is a letter from Uni.
Is this a good evidence providing I had no extra Health Insurance while studying. I know a lot of people had problems because of this when applying for PR, but I'm nut sure if it applies for BC.

Thanks, confused...
Hi,

providing a letter from uni would be a good idea and you can also mention this in a cover letter. Make sure you get all your P60s and HMRC forms. you do not only prove your presence in the UK by providing evidence of work. Have you got a letter from your council or the electoral roll register, confirming that you were living at an address for the past 5 year?

confused_dot_com
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by confused_dot_com » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:02 pm

KatHof wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:47 pm
confused_dot_com wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 am
Hi

Thanks, confused...
Hi,

providing a letter from uni would be a good idea and you can also mention this in a cover letter. Make sure you get all your P60s and HMRC forms. you do not only prove your presence in the UK by providing evidence of work. Have you got a letter from your council or the electoral roll register, confirming that you were living at an address for the past 5 year?
Hi

I only have and P45 from one place of work and P60 from my current company for the end of the financial year+pay slips from all the places I have worked. I'm waiting now for the other 2 employers to send me letters to confirm I worked for them. I will also contact the Uni to request for one.
I also have council tax bills for all of the years, but I did not know they can be used, as the bank statements and bills are now not approved evidence. Do I need to ask the council for a letter specifying the addresses where I have lived or council tax bills will suffice? Also how can I get the electoral roll register to confirm, do I also ask them for a letter?
As for about a year I was only a student, do I need to provide a private health insurance as it's needed for PR?

Thanks, confused..

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by KatHof » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:53 pm

confused_dot_com wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:02 pm
Hi

I only have and P45 from one place of work and P60 from my current company for the end of the financial year+pay slips from all the places I have worked. I'm waiting now for the other 2 employers to send me letters to confirm I worked for them. I will also contact the Uni to request for one.
I also have council tax bills for all of the years, but I did not know they can be used, as the bank statements and bills are now not approved evidence. Do I need to ask the council for a letter specifying the addresses where I have lived or council tax bills will suffice? Also how can I get the electoral roll register to confirm, do I also ask them for a letter?
As for about a year I was only a student, do I need to provide a private health insurance as it's needed for PR?

Thanks, confused..
Hi,

I did not talk about council tax certificates. My understanding is that you can't use them. The electoral roll is not the same as council tax - google your local electoral roll register, you can email or call them. I called mine and they sent me a proper letter with signature confirming my address and how long I have lived there. If you lived at different councils, you have to contact the electoral roll register for each - given you have registered on the electoral roll register in the first place. You could also use hospital letters or a letter from your GP.
Other than that it sounds like you have everything together. Why don't you make an appointment with the nationality checking service and apply through them: https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ng-service
That's what I did and my case worker was very experienced and cherry picked all the documentations she wanted and saved me to send a load of documents off, thus my application was processed quicker aswell...