ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship with ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi there,

I just wanted to get some info on citizenship with ILR, I understand I need to wait 12 months with ILR before applying online for it - just wanted to check if someone has used the new online application and what is the process - what documents i need and can i apply 28 days before 12 months after issued with ILR or only after 12 month fully completed?

Thanks

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:51 pm

  • prove you were in the UK exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives your application
    What supporting documents can be provided for this?
  • prove your knowledge of English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic
    Ok
  • have passed the life in the UK test
    Ok
  • intend to continue living in the UK
    What supporting documents can be provided for this?
  • be of good character - read the naturalisation guidance
    What supporting documents can be provided for this?

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11101
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:56 am

businessmanuk wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:36 pm
Hi there,

I just wanted to get some info on citizenship with ILR, I understand I need to wait 12 months with ILR before applying online for it - just wanted to check if someone has used the new online application and what is the process - what documents i need and can i apply 28 days before 12 months after issued with ILR or only after 12 month fully completed?

Thanks
The 28 day concession rule does not apply to BC applications. You have to wait full 12 months.

You have to be present at the start of the 5 year period. Your passports stamps will prove your residency requirements.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:11 am

Is there any help provided by local council for this application or all online now?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79264
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:49 am

Is there any help provided by local council for this application
No. Note that the council didn't help you complete the forms and give advice etc. They only checked everything and copied documents.
Or all online now?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:14 am

What is the process I am trying to understand before I apply?

Is it simple online application and send copies of supporting documents?

Does online application tell you what document you will need to submit once the application is filed?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79264
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:44 am

Have you done any research on the forum?? Many topics you could read to understand the process.

british-citizenship/new-uk-visa-and-cit ... 67059.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:44 am
Have you done any research on the forum?? Many topics you could read to understand the process.

british-citizenship/new-uk-visa-and-cit ... 67059.html
Mate, I have done a fare amount of research and the whole point to ask here was to get some points by the actual users who submitted their application and give me their experience on what is the step by step guide or the documents needed which i must make ready before starting my online application. I guess this is the whole point of this site as well otherwise all the information is already available on gov uk site. thanks

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:08 am

Can the two both referees be my accountants? Do they have to be acca certified or can simply be a book keepers?

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 4056
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:02 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:08 am
Can the two both referees be my accountants? Do they have to be acca certified or can simply be a book keepers?
One referee needs to be a professional, i.e. be a member of a professional institute, ICA. ACCA, CIMA, etc.
Another post: british-citizenship/referee-for-natural ... l#p1790122
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

joeano353
BANNED
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:25 pm
Tuvalu

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by joeano353 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:59 pm

[

Mate, I have done a fare amount of research and the whole point to ask here was to get some points by the actual users who submitted their application and give me their experience on what is the step by step guide or the documents needed which i must make ready before starting my online application. I guess this is the whole point of this site as well otherwise all the information is already available on gov uk site. thanks
[/quote]


With all due respect, you fail to recognise the fact that the moderators (the knowledgeable) are unpaid volunteers and are not available to fill in your forms. First read the guidance. So go to the gov.uk site and find all the information you need. Your rude and uncouth demanding is not going to help you get your job done. Go to a solicitor if thats how u feel. People are not here to answer silly questions and help you every step of the way.

joeano353
BANNED
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:25 pm
Tuvalu

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by joeano353 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:02 pm

If you have done your fare (sic) amount of research, you will have read the list of approved professional referees. Read that and find out who exactly can sign as a professional.
You are treating people like they are your staff in your business

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:02 pm
businessmanuk wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:08 am
Can the two both referees be my accountants? Do they have to be acca certified or can simply be a book keepers?
One referee needs to be a professional, i.e. be a member of a professional institute, ICA. ACCA, CIMA, etc.
Another post: british-citizenship/referee-for-natural ... l#p1790122
What about the other reference? Can that be professional as well?

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 4056
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:51 am

businessmanuk wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:02 pm
businessmanuk wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:08 am
Can the two both referees be my accountants? Do they have to be acca certified or can simply be a book keepers?
One referee needs to be a professional, i.e. be a member of a professional institute, ICA. ACCA, CIMA, etc.
Another post: british-citizenship/referee-for-natural ... l#p1790122
What about the other reference? Can that be professional as well?
Can also be a professional.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Can you please let me know what information i need from referees so i can ask them for their details? I haven't started or done the online application yet so if anyone can hint on this would really help. thanks

guru1s
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 7:51 am

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by guru1s » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:58 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:20 pm
Can you please let me know what information i need from referees so i can ask them for their details? I haven't started or done the online application yet so if anyone can hint on this would really help. thanks

Full name, email address, postal address (last 5 years), passport number (if British citizen); DOB; phone number

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Any idea how to prove you were in the UK exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives your application?

What documents to show to prove this?

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:19 pm

  • prove you were in the UK exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives your application
    What supporting documents can be provided for this?
  • prove your knowledge of English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic
    Ok
  • have passed the life in the UK test
    Ok
  • intend to continue living in the UK
    What supporting documents can be provided for this?
  • be of good character - read the naturalisation guidance
    What supporting documents can be provided for this?
Any feedback on above questions?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79264
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:59 am

  • prove you were in the UK exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives your application
    What supporting documents can be provided for this?
Passports.
[*]prove your knowledge of English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic
[/b]Ok
[*]have passed the life in the UK test
[/b]Ok
You need liuk AND English test proof.
[*]intend to continue living in the UK
[/b]What supporting documents can be provided for this?
Nothing.
[*]be of good character - read the naturalisation guidance
[/b]What supporting documents can be provided for this?
[/list]
Nothing. You must meet the good character requirement and ho will do a number of checks with other government departments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:37 pm

guru1s wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:58 pm
businessmanuk wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:20 pm
Can you please let me know what information i need from referees so i can ask them for their details? I haven't started or done the online application yet so if anyone can hint on this would really help. thanks

Full name, email address, postal address (last 5 years), passport number (if British citizen); DOB; phone number
Is the passport number compulsory requirement or is optional as not many referees would give that out?

For an accountant, can i use their business address or does that have to be personal address and is DOB is also required?

joeano353
BANNED
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:25 pm
Tuvalu

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by joeano353 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 pm

It would be obvious to anyone that when details are to be filled ALL details are required. They dont have questions that are optional and do not have space for those questions/answers to fill in blank space.

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:34 pm

The application ask for Two referee declarations - do I need to provide a separate signed declaration form for this or is it just the details i filled in the online application?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79264
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:52 pm

The referee forms are part of the online application!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

businessmanuk
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Mood:

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by businessmanuk » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:52 pm
The referee forms are part of the online application!!
So I don't need to provide this form along with my online application then? https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79264
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship with ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:02 pm

Yes, or the ones you get as part of the online form to complete and download.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Locked
cron