Welcome to immigrationboards.com!
your calculation is correct, without us knowing your other absences from 03/09-03/14 and assuming you calculated all absences accurately, you would have to "do" 9 months inside the UK once u r back. The link shows u the situations where they could disregard your absences, if u fall into any category, let us know,.otherwise 03/14 it is then. do not worry, no ither requirement will be added (apart from the language test which u'd passed already) so it's just a matter of time! enjoy NyC!slashhypha wrote:Hi,
I just got granted ILR on the 9th August 2012.
Under normal circumstances, I should apply for citizenship 8th August 2013.
However this is not possible for me.
The problem is here:
- I'm on a secondment/assignment in NYC with my work for 1 year dates from 1 June 2012 - 30 May 2013.
- It may or may not involve trips back home to the UK.
- Do you see anything that would make me ineligible if I applied on 1 March 2014 ( 9months after I arrive back to the UK on 1 June 2013 ).
- At that point total number of absent days in the past 12months on the ILR would be 90.
- Total number of days absent 2 March 2009 - 1 March 2014 would be roughly 400days (based on my protracted absences calculation)
Is this too funky? Is there something else I should be aware about?
Also (if I dare ask), would you think the UKBA could disregard my secondment as due to work related absences? (my gut feel is no)