ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation of returning BRP after ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hero2k
Newly Registered

Confirmation of returning BRP after ceremony

Post by hero2k » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Dear Forum member,

I have just returned my BRP after ceremony via secured delivery.

Please can I just ask if Home Office would send a confirmation after they receive this?

I am a bit worried for any mistake at the final step.
In the worst case scenario (a civil penalty), when they will issue this after the ceremony date based on the previous cases? Obviously I have copies of delivery proof and pictures of BRP card being cut.

Thanks very much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confirmation of returning BRP after ceremony

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Please can I just ask if Home Office would send a confirmation after they receive this?
No.

No one has posted receiving a fine. If you are that concerned, then send it special delivery.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hero2k
Newly Registered

Post by hero2k » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm
No.

No one has posted receiving a fine. If you are that concerned, then send it special delivery.
Reason of asking this was due to a previous topic where a forum member received a fine.

british-citizenship/brp-card-return-to- ... 42402.html

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:52 pm

It is rare and that particularl user never returns to update in 2017 when this apparently occured. We also have some members who post nonsense just to scare everyone else.

Simply send it recorded delivery sign for if you have concerned and keep your proof of postage safe. Don't overthink the process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hero2k
Newly Registered

Post by hero2k » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:52 pm
It is rare and that particularl user never returns to update in 2017 when this apparently occured. We also have some members who post nonsense just to scare everyone else.

Simply send it recorded delivery sign for if you have concerned and keep your proof of postage safe. Don't overthink the process.
understood, thanks very much!