ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convictions/Traffic offences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wf
Member of Standing

Convictions/Traffic offences

Post by wf » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Background:
- I have 3 -5 historic speeding offences in NZ.
- Some were by speed camera and some by police officer.
- I am very vague on the actual dates, the last one I estimate was 3 or 4 years ago
- they were issued as an infringment notice (not sure of equivalent in UK - FPN?)
- in all cases a fine was paid and no further action taken

On the AN form Q7.1 states:
Have you or any dependants who are applying with you been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country?
Yes go to question 7.2 No go to question 7.3
I assumed the speeding offences did not constitute a criminal offence conviction - which could well be wrong at least in relation to what they are asking on the form.

Consequently I was going to Q7.3 which means bypassing the request for convictions (including road traffic offences).

I am guessing I need to declare them - can anyone confirm/deny?

Interesting the ILR form I filled(and did not declare the offences) is worded slightly differently:
You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court.