- I have 3 -5 historic speeding offences in NZ.
- Some were by speed camera and some by police officer.
- I am very vague on the actual dates, the last one I estimate was 3 or 4 years ago
- they were issued as an infringment notice (not sure of equivalent in UK - FPN?)
- in all cases a fine was paid and no further action taken
On the AN form Q7.1 states:
I assumed the speeding offences did not constitute a criminal offence conviction - which could well be wrong at least in relation to what they are asking on the form.Have you or any dependants who are applying with you been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country?
Yes go to question 7.2 No go to question 7.3
Consequently I was going to Q7.3 which means bypassing the request for convictions (including road traffic offences).
I am guessing I need to declare them - can anyone confirm/deny?
Interesting the ILR form I filled(and did not declare the offences) is worded slightly differently:
You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court.