ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council no longer to do NDRS+JCAP service?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ancestor
South Africa

Council no longer to do NDRS+JCAP service?

Post by Ancestor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:27 am

Hi there,

My wife and I will be applying for BC beginning Oct this year, I just happened to phone the Hampshire Council Registration Officer to get an idea of Lead Time needed for NDRS+JCAP to ensure we get the booking date we want.

The kind lady informed me that they will not be making bookings post end of Sept, as things are changing?

She says they are not sure if the service was moving to Libraries or Post Offices or wherever but was sort of sure the Service must be being carried on?

I didn't ask, but not sure if is just Hampshire Council, but it seemed may be a general change, and would need be on the lookout for HO announcements. Not sure if anyone else has experienced such, or has any info in this regard re proposed changes if so?

rabohmer
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Council no longer to do NDRS+JCAP service?

Post by rabohmer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm

I recently had my NCS appointment and the woman said because of the online application some places arent doing it anymore or if they do they literally only check your documents and not the application

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:33 pm

They may be confusing citizenship applications with the new "settled status" process for EU citizens - did you check their web site for details, sometime staff are not aware of the full details.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:42 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:33 pm
They may be confusing citizenship applications with the new "settled status" process for EU citizens - did you check their web site for details, sometime staff are not aware of the full details.
Yeah, there website (Council's) shows they do NCS, NDRS + JCAP and still listed on gov.uk. I phoned the Winchester Office, they told me to speak to the Registration Officer in Basingstoke, she knew exactly what I was asking re lead time for NDRS+JCAP. She was pretty emphatic that they will not be doing the service and will only be making appointments up until the last day in Sept.

She said they are still to be advised further, that HO change things all the time, and sometimes they don't get much notice. She said maybe going to Libraries or Post Office or other?

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Ancestor wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:42 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Yeah, there website (Council's) shows they do NCS, NDRS + JCAP and still listed on gov.uk. I phoned the Winchester Office, they told me to speak to the Registration Officer in Basingstoke, she knew exactly what I was asking re lead time for NDRS+JCAP. She was pretty emphatic that they will not be doing the service and will only be making appointments up until the last day in Sept.

She said they are still to be advised further, that HO change things all the time, and sometimes they don't get much notice. She said maybe going to Libraries or Post Office or other?
This might be correct and it can go to Post Office [norammly where you can give bio-metrics] as with online application you just have to send the photocopies to HO, as council doesnt check anything. So they might be making it easy for everyone to use this service on walk in basis.
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:28 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:22 pm
Ancestor wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:42 pm
alterhase58 wrote:

This might be correct and it can go to Post Office [norammly where you can give bio-metrics] as with online application you just have to send the photocopies to HO, as council doesnt check anything. So they might be making it easy for everyone to use this service on walk in basis.
What my thinking is too. 👍

Lisa F
South Africa

Post by Lisa F » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:40 pm

We're about to start an application for my daughter and when I had a look at her local council webiste, they have this message:
We no longer offer JCAP (Passport and Citizenship) appointments (although we will be honouring JCAP appointments already booked until 6 April)

We are not offering the new ‘Nationality Document Return Service’ (NDRS) which is linked to digital online citizenship/JCAP applications
I was hoping to go there and get them to check it but now it looks like we'll just have to do it ourselves.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Lisa F wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:40 pm
We're about to start an application for my daughter and when I had a look at her local council webiste, they have this message:
We no longer offer JCAP (Passport and Citizenship) appointments (although we will be honouring JCAP appointments already booked until 6 April)

We are not offering the new ‘Nationality Document Return Service’ (NDRS) which is linked to digital online citizenship/JCAP applications
I was hoping to go there and get them to check it but now it looks like we'll just have to do it ourselves.
Thanks Lisa, the lady was pretty sure that they must still offer the services but someway else, and she did say they could book appointments until end of Sept 18.

I guess we will just have to wait for HO to update details on
https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... rn-service

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:09 am

Lisa F wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi Lisa,

Are you filling an online application or paper form.

If its online form then council did mention they provide NDRS service and you can apply for the passport at the same time using JCAP service.

But if you're filling a paper form, then you can only use NCS service and you can not apply for the passport at the same time.

You can use any of these service in any council of England and Scotland.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Just as an update on this:-

As below, I initially had phoned the Hampshire Local Council NDRS service who had initially advised that the HO had advised them that they would no longer be providing the NCS and NDRS/JCAP service after the end of Sept'18.

I today phoned 3 other Local Councils who were listed by HO, and had the following responses:-
  • The Bracknell Forest office told me the same, that they were no longer providing the service after end of Sept'18 and that they understood as I was told by Hampshire, Basingstoke, that the service was being outsourced and they thought to the Post Office.
  • The Reading Office advised that whilst they were still taking bookings into Oct'18, they said NCS was being done away withfrom Nov'18
  • Wokingham office advised similarly as the original Hampshire advice and the Bracknell Forest advice
In light of what I had been advised by the Reading office, I decided to call the Hampshire, Basingstoke office back, just to confirm that they hadn't misunderstood me, that I was asking about NDRS/JCAP. The very helpful lady advised that they had just been informed today, that HO had today asked them to continue providing the NCS and NDRS/JCAP service at least through to the end of Nov'18. She also advised that the services were being outsourced to the Post office, and the handover plans were behind schedule.