ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Tax unpaid Account-Urgent help need to rectify

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ryze
Newly Registered

Council Tax unpaid Account-Urgent help need to rectify

Post by ryze » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi everyone,
I would be glad if anyone can help me in this matter Urgently please for me i have lost vision, myself and my wife and children were living in a two bed flat on July 2007,and i was working fulltime but my wife was getting housing and council tax benefit. Now we live in a different house after 2 years today i got a letter as unpaid council tax amount to £825 for this previous house, and it has gone through courts to attach the debt through my earnings, and mentioning they have already written to my previous employer about this, after the redundant at this office i worked part time to different employee then now currently i don’t have a job, since they don’t have any jobs available. But now all the council tax’s come to my wife’s name and them all up to date. I don’t know why this council tax think unpaid came to on the previous address, under my name and its gone to courts will this effect to my Naturalisation, and how do i deal with this if i have to apply by end of march 2010.please advice me in this please!!
Regards to All
Ryze

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Failure to pay council tax can (and most probably will) lead to one failing the 'good character' requirement. I would suggest you try to sort it out a.s.a.p

have a read of this document, particularly section 7.9
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:59 pm

f2k wrote:Failure to pay council tax can (and most probably will) lead to one failing the 'good character' requirement. I would suggest you try to sort it out a.s.a.p

have a read of this document, particularly section 7.9
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Can also lead to jail, I think CT is the only debt u can be jailed for...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ryze
Newly Registered

Post by ryze » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:01 am

Hi everyone,
Is it ok for me to apply for my naturalisation having arranged to pay the council tax by small amount of installments,since i cant offord to pay altogether since i only do voluntter work for the council.please advice.

thank you in advance

Ryze