ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Damaged naturalisation certificate by HMPO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iliketea
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Damaged naturalisation certificate by HMPO

Post by iliketea » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:33 am

Hi everyone,

Today I received my documents back and the envelope was folded and the certificate all creased. I sent it to them in a plastic pocket and in a hardback envelope, which was placed in another bubble envelope, so it can't have been damaged on the way to them.

What's the best course of action?

Also, if I order a replacement, would that say duplicate or indicate in any way that it's a replacement? Would I have to send my current certificate to them or can I keep it?

George111
Newly Registered

Re: Damaged naturalisation certificate by HMPO

Post by George111 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:02 pm

I don't think there is any problem with a creased certificate. You can send them an email to complain and just keep a response on file. I don't think anywhere does it say that creases invalidate the certificate. You shouldn't laminate it or cut it into pieces, but otherwise, I do not think it matters at all.