ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Damaged Registration certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ariesnr
Mood:
India

Damaged Registration certificate

Post by ariesnr » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Hi All,

Would greatly appreciate some advice in getting a replacement/duplicate Naturalisation Certificate for my daughter.She recently got her british citizenship by registration and then we applied for her British Passport and as part of that application we had to send the original Naturalisation certificate.British passport has been issued but unfortunately when the original document was returned yesterday by the special post the naturalisation certificate was found to be torn in one corner!!!!!!

Unfortunately as the Naturalisation Certificate becomes invalid if its damaged,i have to apply for a replacement/duplicate certificate.My queries are

1.The application asks for payment for 250 £ if it our fault and application form directly asks for agreement for payment without giving any oppurtunity to explain the situation.

2.I have to say i havent fully completed the application form fearing it would complete the application and close it with my presumed agreement to pay 250 £.

3.Do i need to first contact the UKVIC to clarify the situation before completing the form?

4.How soon will we get a replacement/duplicate certificate?

5.Has anyone else experienced similar situation /such irresponsible service even though i paid extra to get it returned securely and safely.

All advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Damaged Registration certificate

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:35 pm

You should contact HMPO first and explain how you received, provided it was not torn by you/family when the envelope was opened.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ariesnr
Mood:
India

Re: Damaged Registration certificate

Post by ariesnr » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:42 am

Thanks will contact HMPO first.🙏