ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of submission + document query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nickmpco

Previous Applications

Post by nickmpco » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:33 pm

I am applying for naturalisation after having ILR for 2 years. I have been in the UK for 13 years and have been on many different visas (student, renewed student, student dependent, Tier 2...).

There is a question about "Previous Applications" on my citizenship application: "Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

Do they really want me to list out every application I made in the past 13 years, as a student etc..? I don't know any of the dates or reference numbers (except the most recent) so I would just be leaving most fields blank.

prs
BANNED

Re: Previous Applications

Post by prs » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:58 pm

Correct. write what you know and leave whatever you don't.

There's a textfield at the end of the form which allows you to write some extra stuff if you want. use that to explain whatever you said here.

At the end of the day, the caseworkers are humans too... they read and understand. and they have access to everything they want.

If they need more information from you, they will contact you.

nickmpco

Date of submission + document query

Post by nickmpco » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am

Hi All,

I understand I need to be in the UK 5 years prior to the date of submission. Can I confirm that date of submission is when I hit confirm and pay? And I can upload the documents at any time after and this wont impact date of application?

I was out of the country early Dec 2016 for a fairly long spell so I'd like to submit now. However one of my referees is on vacation and I won't get their signature for a week or so. How long does one have to submit documents, and when I submit does it have any bearing on my application date?

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Date of submission + document query

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:13 am

Date of submission/paid is the key date.
You can upload documents until 48hrs before the bio appointment, if you upload yourself (free). This is the normal process.
Referee - maybe best to arrange another referee who can do it now?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nickmpco

Post by nickmpco » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:41 am

Thank you - is there any reason I can't wait a week to get them to fill it out if the application is submitted now? I would think there will be a delay before biometrics anyway.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:57 pm

Personally I would always get everything done ASAP - who knows even in a week plans may change, unforeseen events, etc. Naturalisation is such an important and expensive application - even a delay may be preferable - it's not necessary you have to get it in at a sprecific date.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.